Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bamboo or Cane ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bamboo or Cane ?

I know bamboo gets alot bigger & taller than cane,But other than that what is the diff?. I'd like to make some condo's.most of the waters I fish is 15ft & less so I need to make more lay down's than standing up.so couldn't I use just plain ol' river cane there is plenty of that around here:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using river cane with success. I been using 2lb coffee cans and cutting the cane 2'-4'. I put in a row of maybe 6 laying down as much as possible then stand a few straight up. Usually I can get 10-15 in each can and only use the larger stalks to prevent too many hangups. They arn't very thick but pretty easy to fish. I put them out in either 4-pack or 6-pack orientations. Been thinking of some form of a 'T' pattern next time. They transport easy and sink well. The canes set on the angle act as a parachute and keep them upright on the drop.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How long does the cane last compared to the bamboo under water?
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I too have used River Cane-Seems to work O.K.,Still marking condos we put out last spring.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

The cane wont last as long as the bamboo but other than that it ought to work. You might get hung up in it a little more though.

Post Thanks / Like

Old buddy old pal. when are you going to show me where you have them at? I know there in the water. LOL
    After all that I did for you the last few days that is the least you could do for me. LOL
    Or at lest mark them with the GPS and then mail that to me..:D
    I may try that ideal thanks
    PEte

Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy
    I've been using river cane with success. I been using 2lb coffee cans and cutting the cane 2'-4'. I put in a row of maybe 6 laying down as much as possible then stand a few straight up. Usually I can get 10-15 in each can and only use the larger stalks to prevent too many hangups. They arn't very thick but pretty easy to fish. I put them out in either 4-pack or 6-pack orientations. Been thinking of some form of a 'T' pattern next time. They transport easy and sink well. The canes set on the angle act as a parachute and keep them upright on the drop.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go down to this thread Bamboo Crappie Condos
    Jerry Blake . you can see how to put out in shallow water
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Pete,

You have mail.

Jamey

backyardbeagler Guest

so if we are useing river cain do we need to use a 5 gallon bucket or will smaller work?