Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BNM Buck's Gold

Post Thanks / Like

Default BNM Buck's Gold

Got my new Cabela's catalog the other day, and finally got a chance to sit down with it last night. They've got a ton of new stuff for crappie.

I have a Buck's Ultimate that I really like, and at the moment I've got a spare spinning reel that's the right size for crappie. I checked the Cabela's web site and I see the Golds on sale right now. I live near a Cabela's store, so I can buy it off the web site and have it shipped to the store for free. So I was thinking about giving it a shot.

Anyone used one of these and have an opinion?
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I my opion it is one of the BEST poles on the Market. Light but still plenty of backbone and a great tip action. I have 8 that I spidder rig with but also one to jig fish stumps. Pole has spinning reel eyes and cork handle. you will like it I am sure.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDEYE50 View Post
    I my opion it is one of the BEST poles on the Market. Light but still plenty of backbone and a great tip action. I have 8 that I spidder rig with but also one to jig fish stumps. Pole has spinning reel eyes and cork handle. you will like it I am sure.
    Whats the length of the one you jig with ??
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    whats the length of the one you jig with ??
    x2!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How's the sensitivity and casting ability? I'm land bound, but I do a lot of vertical jigging off the dams at the local reservoirs. Plus I cast and retrieve light jigs and floats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDEYE50 View Post
    you spider rig with a bucks gold???? near stumps??? that's ballsy!

they only come in 10 and 12, i have a 10 footer i jig with occasionally and flip a cork, its a great feeling pole, but i'd never put it in my trollin' rack, jmo, super sensitive and casts great with the stainless spinning eyes, just very light and i kinda baby it more than i'd like to, but i think the price is in the back of my mind, prolly never would have fished with one had i not won it, i'll probably feel better when tips become available!!
    Last edited by kingkrappie; 01-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I have (had) a Gold 10 footer that was one of my favorite poles. Very light and sensitive. Casted great until my wife stepped on it. I glued one of the tips you can get at Wally World on the broken end and it is now a 9 footer. I still use it and still like it, but it's not quite the same. The biggest problem is the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's price is $70 for the 10 footer, so it's not too bad if you're just buying one pole. For you guys that are buying a dozen, yeah... That would get kinda spendy.

Of course, I'm from the Pacific Northwest, where people drop $300+ on salmon/steelhead/fly rods without a blink, so I guess I've just got a different perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

we use 12ft poles and usually push 1/2 oz c&c minnow rigs off the front. this poles are a little limber for some people but I believe you will detect more bites and loose less fish. IMO

we jig with the same pole
    Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    Whats the length of the one you jig with ??
    Last edited by REDEYE50; 01-07-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / Like

Buy you some BnM BGJP's for trolling. They are cheaper and just as light with plenty of back bone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast