Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to Search Crappie.com Forum for information you want to know about

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to Search Crappie.com Forum for information you want to know about

Often the same questions are asked over and over again as new people find crappie.com. After a while the same questions and thread subjects keep coming up over and over again. This is not a bad thing as this helps people get information. But often it may be hours before you get an answer to your question. To speed things up consider the search feature.

There a better and faster way to find answers to your questions? vBulletin software that runs crappie.com allows you to find answers to your questions in a much quicker way.

Some of the questions may have been asked by other people and the answers may already be on the board. It's just too hard to find them. But wait! There is a quick and simple way to search though all the forums to find your answers.

I'll explain how this works for you:

• Using the Search link found on most pages is easy. Simply left click on the Search Link. See Image 1 below:

• When the search text box appears on the screen click inside the text box and type in the text that you want to search for. Example shows "Depth Finders" in the text bow. Now select the forum you want to search. You can limit the search to just one forum or search all the forums. See Image #2 below: I also stuck in a screen shot of the advanced search text box. click on the advanced search link and it will take you to the advanced search dialog box screen.

• Here is a screen shot of the Advanced Search Screen. This appears when you click on the advanced search link .

• A list of all posts/threads that include the "TEXT" that was searched will appear as shown in this example screen. See image #3 below:

• Now just click on any of the post shown in the results page to open that post. I clicked on the "What is this" thead in this example. See image #4 below:

note: The Searched Text will appear in red text when you open a post. Scroll though the the opened post to located the red text and to find what you are looking for.

You can also do an advanced search and search by time of the post or by the member that made the post.

This is a quick and efficient way to find what you are looking for in the crappie.com data base.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 02-19-2006 at 10:04 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

before you ask a new question try searching for the answer first.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

bumped up for those with lots of questions that have been answered before.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks this will help me a lot

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I figured a lot of the guys and gals in here were not familar with the Seach Feature on this forum. Lots of other forums have the seach feature as well.

It's always a good idea when going to a new forum to seach the past posts to get the gist of what's being discussed.

I noticed that Crappiepappy made a stick on how to use the Personal Messages on crappie.com.
    Regards,

Moose1am