Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little info please..

Post Thanks / Like

Default a little info please..

i have been wanting to fish for crappie in diffrent ways. i have only fished for them with a regular 2 hook crappie rig and jigged around trees with jigs.. i was hoping some of yall could tell me some of your ways for crappie fishing.. how you do your rigs,jigs, what u like to use for bait the best. minnow, jigs, maggots, etc. maybe even your favorite color jig. just curious of some diffrent peoples techniques.. thanks to all

Post Thanks / Like

I love to troll for them. Fish with 3-4 poles with single or double jigs rigged up and sometime tip with minners. During the hotter months of Summer and early fall we pull crank baits. Both ways produce down here on the Big 4 Res. Come on down and try it.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satdoc1 View Post
    I love to troll for them. Fish with 3-4 poles with single or double jigs rigged up and sometime tip with minners. During the hotter months of Summer and early fall we pull crank baits. Both ways produce down here on the Big 4 Res. Come on down and try it.
    what size crank bait? how deep?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I longline troll curly tail grubs on 1/16th oz jig heads. I have rod holders set up for 10 rods ranging from 5.5' to 12' long rods off the back of my boat. I use the I-pilot trolling motor and run a graph with GPS on the console to keep me on the channel ledges. Another very popular style which I also like is spider rigging off the front (and/or back) which doesnt take as much money getting started but still produces alot of fish. Do some searches and you'll see all kinds of styles of fishing.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keith29 View Post
    what size crank bait? how deep?
    We use either the WM deep runners or Bandit 300 series and try to run them a foot or so above where the Crappie showw up on the depth/fish finder at arond 1.8 mph.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/missi...nks-101-a.html
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satdoc1 View Post
    We use either the WM deep runners or Bandit 300 series and try to run them a foot or so above where the Crappie showw up on the depth/fish finder at arond 1.8 mph.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/missi...nks-101-a.html
    DON'T DO IT!!!!! Buying Bandits is more addicting than dipping snuff. I had to quit snuff so I could afford the Bandits.
    DP
    Last edited by DRPEPPER; 01-05-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

fishing a jig under a float.....or trolling cranks (bandits)...

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking I'm a jig slinger ....

I cast 1/32-1/16oz weedless jigheads w/plastics.
    I shoot docks. (same jigheads & plastics)
    I Vertical Cast to all forms of cover ( Vertical Casting | Older Articles )

My "favorite" color(s) seem to change every year :p ... but, I've had good success with "Elec Blue/Char" tubes, green/char tubes, Albino Shad Panfish Assassins, Junebug/char Charlie Brewer Sliders, and solid chartreuse marabou Roadrunners (1/16oz).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on which lake I'm at. If I'm fishing lake Whatalotapeepee, that's an old Creek Indian word that means "Brave that runs from tree to tree", then I like to use a cherry flavored gummy bear that I chew up a little to get it sticky then I roll it in the left over crumbs at the bottom of a box Frosted Flakes (Their Great!!). Works every time. :D

Other than that I slip bobber a Lil'Hustler jig in black/red/green on a bright yellow 1/16 head and use bright yellow crappie candy on the tip of the hook.
    Daisy BB Guns - Keeping Kids Off Your Lawn Since 1882

Post Thanks / Like

slip bobber and a minnow, works every time.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast