Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Perry

Hey Jayhawkers,
    My wife and I plan on fishing Perry in June. Are there any Fisherman Friendly motels or resorts close by? Never been there so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    REDEYE50

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Redeye50. I live in Lawrence and that would be a great place to stay as there is limited motels/cabins for rent at the lake. One place that I have been recomending is the Virginia Inn. 785-843-6611. It's about 25 miles to the lake but so is everythig else. Are you coming to the CUSA Regional?? It is being held the 3rd of June. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Smile lake perry

Thanks Crappie Chat,
    Yes we will be fishing the regional CUSA. Never been there so we thought what the heck! WE qualified in the Fla. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Again,
    REDEYE50

Post Thanks / Like

:D Congratulations on your qualification!!! Perry is a 'brush-pile' lake. There must be thousands of them. Find a area you want to fish and just look for them. They are there!! Slough Creek arm has some standing timber. It will take 10lbs to be competitive in 7 fish. It's a 12000 acre lake with plenty of ramps around it. A Corp pass is helpfull or pay each use. Lots of shallow cover was put in over a year ago. It is thick and jig-eaters. A good local fishing board to watch is www.davescountry.com Good luck and I hope to fish it with ya. The spring tourney there is April 1st. Might be a good time to come and learn the lake. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER