Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ help!!!

Hey folks,havent been here on CDC n a few months,and havent wet a line in 3 months Hope yall had a merry christmas and happy new year. Looks like the fish are hitting well. 2 buddies and I are looking to hit loz for basically our first time saturday.We are wanting to hit some docks for a change,not many docks on pomme or truman. Could anyone steer me in the direction of a boat ramp with some docks nearby?? Preferably on the south end. But will go anywhere if you suggest so. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

The area around pb2 has been on fire any dock that has brush will be holding fish,also check beside the boat lifts,size has been hard to come by but keeper fish to 11" stuff are catchable in big numbers.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugs is right on with his description of how they're biting in that area. You could also put in at Robin's Resort. Caught 'em dock fishing in that area last weekend with white/chart and electric chicken color combos. Good luck.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there. I'm hoping that this is the weekend that I can field test your recommendations. Been way too long.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Go get em there out there and ready,good luck Mike.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

We had not had the boat out for several weeks, so my son and I took her down to LOZ on Monday afternoon just to run the engine a bit and to keep the gas moving thru the lines a little. We put in at (I believe it was called on the sign) Grand Glaize State Park ramp (east off of 54 a mile or so south of the Gr Glaize bridge), I believe that this area used to be called pb2 if memory serves but I can't be sure. Loved the area. We got to fooling around with the fish finder, kind of trolling along parallel to the banks in 15-20 fow in some of the coves and creek arms in the area and found several brush piles located along the bank that appeared to have fish on them. We don't have our '11 licenses yet so we couldn't drop a line.

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but are the crappie holding tight only to the docks right now? Or can you catch them over brush away from the docks? We enjoyed it and plan to head down there on Saturday and Sunday to see if we can't catch some. We could always go looking for docks, but thought that it would be fun to catch some over the brush that we located if they are there and in the biting mood.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You should have tried

Quote Originally Posted by grb22 View Post
    We don't have our '11 licenses yet so we couldn't drop a line.
    My 2010 fishing permit don't expire until Feb. 28th 2011. Good luck this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2010 fishing permit don't expire until Feb. 28th 2011. Good luck this weekend.
    Holy @%#^, I didn't even realize that! Course, I've never tried to fish in January or February before so I had no reason to ever check. That is painful right there, I am sure there was a state record crappie on one of those brush piles that we would have caught!:D Thanks for letting me know that, I'll never forget that little bit of information.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

That is pb2 and the bite is great in that area right now,the fish are biting around docks as well as open water brushpiles in 12'-16' some fish are buried deep in the brush while some have been suspended over the brush and will nail a jig that is pitched over em,when you get around an active school limits won't take long on just about any color,good luck.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bugman, I had a friend in college many years ago who's parents had a place somewhere south of Osage Beach, and I seemed to remember them referring to somewhere along there as pb2 but I couldn't quite remember exactly where it was. Thanks for the tips. Really a nice area through there. We were out and my son was getting his first lessons on handling the boat and we cruised around the area for an hour or so, some really good looking terrain about everywhere you looked. Can't wait to try it out. We've been up on the Gravois many times but haven't been that far south, it should be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast