Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been around but new to posting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been around but new to posting

hi guys my name is Jeremy im new to this posting ,i've been on this website since i seen it last spring while googling crappie stuff, i live in Memphis and i fished all the north resovoirs with my father when i was a kid and some since ive been an adult, im 30y/o and havent been to grenada in some years, my father passed away when i was sixteen and every weekend we were either at sardis, enid, or grenada before his passing, i remember the great times we had, not to many people fished grenada from memphis when i was growing up and i thought grenada was the best place to fish my dad knew grenada and i remember fishing buttputter, redgrass, and bryant-turkey creek area, my father was a bassfisherman mostly but when the weather got cold or when the bass were not biting we would crappie fish, some of the best times i had was crappie fishing. I'm just gettin back doing some crappie fishing i fished tunica some last year and some more oxbow river shoots in arkansas like island 40 i havent been on any of the resovoirs that much since my father passed since i havent invested in a boat yet but thats comin real soon i hope. but i just wanted to introduce my self, little long winded but glad i found this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like

thanks rebel

Post Thanks / Like

Where exactly is Island 40 in Arkansas? Heard good things about it, but havent had the chance to fish it. Live in Memphis myself and I do a lot of fishing at Arkabutla, Midway, and Lakeview.

Post Thanks / Like

crappiekiller, u can take the old or new bridge and get off the mound city rd exit drive about 4 or 5 miles keep on the same road theres another that veers to ur left stay straight and look to your left u will see signs james samples island 40 make that right and another 4 or 5 miles u will see another sign and a levee make that right and you r there, its like lakeview some a river shoot when the crappie r biting its on!!! i also fish another shoot over in the same area called mound city its right before island 40, i had a blast in the spring catching them there, im still learning island 40 a friend of mine took me there some last year to island 40. i don't have a boat and u can rent them on both lakes, at island 40 mr samples is real helpful telling u what they r biting on and where u just pay him for launch or rentals, if u have anymore questions i'll be glad to help u with them, i think it takes the river to get up in the 17 memphis river gauge to get up in 40 but mound city is more stable, i fished that lake more with better luck just havent hit 40 right, heard when 40 is on its on

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, luvdemcrappies. I dont own a boat either (which contricts the places I am able to fish), but I wouldnt mind renting a boat and launching it. Love catching those crappie! How much does it cost to rent there? There arent many places to bank fish from lakeview, except from the pier, and the floor pieces on it are a little to far apart for me to feel comfortable fisshing from it. Arkabutla has some good bank fishing spots, but you can tear them up one day, and not get a bite the next. the bite is real finicky there. Havent been able to fish midway that much, cuz the water is soo low. Definitely looking forward to trying out Island 40 this spring though. do you have better luck with minnows or jigs? do you bank fish or rent a boat? thanks for your help and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!

Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

crappiekiller, i usually rent from 40 i think its like 7 bucks to rent a boat and fish, if u like one day we can meet up and fish i work only 3 days and off 4 in a row so i got lots of time on my hands, maybe i can show u mound city also i had tremendous luck there.

Post Thanks / Like

sure luvdemcrappies, wouldnt mind meeting up with and catching some crappie anytime. im not as lucky as you to only work 3 days a week though. i usually only fish on weekends, or on days i sneak away from work. sounds like a plan to me though. 7 dollars aint bad for rental, and im always looking for a new spot to fish. let me know when u might be going out that way again and we can work something out and see if there biting. thanks again for your help

Post Thanks / Like

emial me sometime crappiekiller so we can plan a trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast