Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KC Star, When the Weather gets Cold....

Post Thanks / Like

Default KC Star, When the Weather gets Cold....

Here is the link to the KC Star article feraturing Charlie Rogers fishing Truman lake. When the weather’s cold, fishing can be hot at Truman Lake - KansasCity.com

Post Thanks / Like

See ole Charlies in the Quarry at Sparrowfoot in the pick. He spends alot of time in there during the winter.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I see OSS mailbox on the bank..........
    Kevin Rogers-

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great article. Thanks for posting Mark. I just heard another great report on a voicemail just a minute ago from a CDC member who tried to fish the creek but it had froze over again already. So he hit the quarry for a couple quick limits this morning.
    Last edited by Jigging15; 01-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Great article. Thanks for posting Mark. I just heard another great report on a voicemail just a minute ago from a CDC member who tried to fish the creek but it had froze over again already. So he hit the quarry for a couple quick limits this morning.
    I got that same call Jared.LOL. Man that creek froze over quick. Told me he was tired of catchin so was gonna leave and watch the Chiefs,I think he should of stayed fishin from the looks of it.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It was open Thursday and Friday. But it dropped in temp a lot on Friday night and last night. Interesting article about the way he use to fish with small rods and sewing thread. I had a guy work on my house to put a 3X6 hole in the wall between the kitchen and family room a month or so ago who use to fish a lot of tournaments years ago that knew Charlie and told me that is how he fished. Was not sure to believe him or not compared to how Charlie and Kevin fish now. I am going to fish a few tournaments with him this year. He said he use to fish against all the big guns back in the day. Surprised they fished two arms of the lake. That is cool instead of just going to one area and fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article about a great guy & fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Great article about a great guy & fisherman.
    Agreed!