Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman 12-31-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 12-31-10

Been a tradition to fish on New Year's Eve for a while now. Thought we could beet the weather. Alarm set for 4:30 gona be at da ramp at daylight, awake to thunder and lightnin, check the radar, looks like rain going to move thru Truman for a couple of hours. Decide not to go. 9:30 the sun appears in Grain Valley, look at radar rain gone lets go! Thinking on the way down as the wind is whippen us around where can we fish and stay dry. Decided to go down W and put in, fish the west side of pretty bob. Did not get there till 1:00 pm. Launch boat go around the corner and one of several on the bank pulls one in, looking good! Dip a minner on Kentucky rig down a tree on the channel and bam, a goodin, went down the channel, went to sands creek, not a bite. Back to pretty bob picked up two more goodins, back at the mouth of the cove and there is only one fella left fishing, he said they caught a lot before the wind blew. Loaded up, came home hit the crown. At least we did get it out of our system for the year, ready to go back today!
    Any of you MO boys planning on the OK raid with Chatt to Kaw lake this week? I have never been to Kaw, but will always make a few trips to the Gentle Giant (Eufaula) in the spring, lots of nice fish in there! I wanna go but none of my fishing buddies can get a kitchen pass or have to work?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we shoulda looked up the Lay's tater chip guy on the way down!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

hey man you got out and gave it a try, and caught a couple of fish, got the stink on the jig, it's all good man, next time gang busters,and you will load the boat with fish. that lays guy sounds like a nice guy.