Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot in the spring.

Hello folks, since I was a kid and dad made the trip and was always talking about it, I have always wanted to make the 10 trip to reelfoot. Well this spring it looks like we (my dad, brother, and I) are going to make the trip. We are in the process of trying to find a place to stay and to find the best place to fish. Dad was pretty sure that the upper part is the best place to fish. I am not sure and I have done alot research to find out but am not sure yet.

Now especially with the low water table I was wonder where the fishing is going to be done this spring.

So if you dont mind, which part of the lake is best to stay at and fish. Oh yea also what do you think is the best of spring to come down and fish. We will be mostly doing some vertical jigging no spider rigs or anything fancy like that.

Ok Thank you very much for you time

Clint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rescue.tech View Post
    Hello folks, since I was a kid and dad made the trip and was always talking about it, I have always wanted to make the 10 trip to reelfoot. Well this spring it looks like we (my dad, brother, and I) are going to make the trip. We are in the process of trying to find a place to stay and to find the best place to fish. Dad was pretty sure that the upper part is the best place to fish. I am not sure and I have done alot research to find out but am not sure yet.

Now especially with the low water table I was wonder where the fishing is going to be done this spring.

So if you dont mind, which part of the lake is best to stay at and fish. Oh yea also what do you think is the best of spring to come down and fish. We will be mostly doing some vertical jigging no spider rigs or anything fancy like that.

Ok Thank you very much for you time

Clint
    I usually fish the lower end but I troll most of the time. You can stay at Boyettes, Cypress Point the have some nice little cabins. You can also stay around the Samburg area at Blue Bank and it is a nice place. There are plenty of stumps and trees to jig all over the lake. Here is a link to some places to stay and just keep an eye on the Tn. board and folks will be posting how there doing .Reelfoot Lake Fishing Report
    I hope this helps you out. If your not bringing a boat a lot of these places offer a package deal for the room, boat and bait. just check them out and good luck.
    Lynn

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the insight, I will be bringing my own boat. Thanks for the link I have been using that one to find other spots to stay, just not sure where the best fishing is located. The one place I would like to stay at is up in the upper blue basin compared to most of the others. So I am worried that might not be the place to go with out a lot of boat time.

Any more or anyone else have a suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Clint

Post Thanks / Like

You are probably talking about sportsmans resort right? Some these other folks will chime in, that know more about that area. If your coming in the spring you should do fine as long as the wind does not get to bad! I wish you and your family the best of luck when you do come down. Reelfoot is a pretty lake and fun to fish, we also have some real nice Bream. Check out this video from Blue Bank resort with guide Jackie Van Cleave. The 2nd is one that I made nothing big but good times on the Foot for sure.

YouTube - Reelfoot Lake Fishing
    YouTube - crappie fishing

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We have a group of 8-12 guys that have been going for five years now and will be down April 13-17 this year. We have always stayed at Eaglenest Resort. They are the nicest people, have a nice place in Samburg so it's easy to get to either end of the lake and they throw down a great cook out one of the nights you'll be there. It's worth looking at. I bring my boat and trailer it to where ever we're fishing that day but the other guys use rentals and don't mind them at all. You just have to bring a trolling motor and battery. Good luck, I know you will enjoy the trip regardless of the bite (but a cooler full helps).
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 12 pack. I am wondering if I didnt ask the correct question. If the water level keeps dropping by the spring, where in the lake system will there be fishable waters?

thanks Clint

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Id plan on the south end. I usually fish the north end, but as stated if water levels dont improve, Id look to the south for sure. We stay at Sportsman Resort North, nothing fancy but serves the purpose. There are some really nice places south, Blue Bank and Eagles Nest are other resorts Iv stayed at. Hope you have a good time
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rescue.tech View Post
    Thanks 12 pack. I am wondering if I didnt ask the correct question. If the water level keeps dropping by the spring, where in the lake system will there be fishable waters?

thanks Clint
    The lake has come up alot over the last month, I would guess at least 10". Still a lot of stumps showing.

Check this site out. looks like it has come up 12" over the last 60 days. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tn/nwis/rt
    If you look Reelfoot is a little white circle, kinda hard to see. Just click on it.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the site Cracker. I've been looking for quite some time for a reliable, up-to-date source for water level reports. If I could just find somebody to shot an accurate fishing report, I'd have something to work with!!! but that would take half the fun out of fishing.
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alan!

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast