Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton first time in a long time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton first time in a long time

Met some buddy's down at Ruark's bluff Thursday and Friday. Put in Thursday morning headed up sons creek to some brush piles. Three guys in one boat me and Deb in ours. Brush piles in 30 to 40 fow fish'd 25, 30 fd. white clear and salt and pepper were best. Man did the Wind blow found out my trolling motor battery would last about 3 hours on 10 nonstop. They did a lot better then we did but they been fish'n these piles for a while now our first time fish'n this lake since we were kids with our folks.We all fished the same color same weight jig only difference was they had fluorocarbon line we had mono.Had a great time with good friends what great way to end a bad year. We got into a lot of big white bass hybrids I think, most were around 15 butt Friday got some 18,20 in. fun on the long rods. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE.

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip. When I hear the words wind and stockton together, I think stay home. Guessing that pic of the guys on the boat was on the day that wasn't windy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Sounds like a good trip. When I hear the words wind and stockton together, I think stay home. Guessing that pic of the guys on the boat was on the day that wasn't windy.
    that pic was taken Friday right after the storm was over we had about an hour of calm then it was on FULL BLAST

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report glad you caught some, that wind had to be tough on Stockton the last 2 days. Looks like the wind is finally gonna be good for fishing on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Those big fish are fun on those long rods!
    Happy New year to you two too!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report....figured it would be 60' deep.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    that pic was taken Friday right after the storm was over we had about an hour of calm then it was on FULL BLAST
    Glad you all had a good time. I was up there both days also and your right it was very nice just after the storm, but sad to say there wasnt much calm before the wind.
    Fish like your hungry!