PDA

View Full Version : Rod Holders and Double Seat Mounts

the crappie soldier
12-31-2010, 05:06 PM
2, 3, and 4 rod holders available in various heights and drop in Double Seat mounts. Rod holders and T-bar fully adjustable to any direction. Quick detach base allows for removal in seconds for relocating, trailering covering boat, etc. All aluminum with stainless steel hardware. Work great for tightlining, trolling cranks, etc.

Check website or call for pricing: Cumberland Crappie Custom Rod Holder Home (http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com)
or phone (606) 425-1751.

Free shipping via USPS. Thanks for looking, tight lines!:)

the crappie soldier
01-01-2011, 12:00 AM
No tools needed for adjustment. Once the base plates are mounted in your boat you won't need any tools or wrenches to make adjustments to T-bar or each rod holder--on or off the water. No tools required to remove the T-bars either. Adjustment knobs only need to be hand tightened to hold where you put them. Adjust T-bar and each rod holders 360 degrees, in 7.5 degrees increments.

the crappie soldier
01-04-2011, 04:13 PM

Double seat mounts photos on Skeeter bass boat. There are a couple more pictures on the website too. Mates tight to the base in your boat and stays put. Have towed many miles on the highway/interstate with this mounted in the boat and it don't move. But if you want to take it out thats easy too.

Width is custom ordered so you can have more elbow room in between seats or narrow enough so you can open rod lockers if your using on a bass boat, thats up to you, mine is 27" wide and no problems fishing or opening rod boxes. Please call with measurements before you order and to confirm seat post size.

Cost is $125-$150 depending on the size of your seat posts. Rangers, tritons and some others have larger diameter posts/bases. Most boats have standard 3/4 pin.

These are a HOT item right now. Give us a call. Thanks, tight lines everybody.:)

cajun fryer
01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Were do you get the actual rod holder?

Quackrstackr
01-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Do those seat mounts bend or is there some sort of bump stop underneath to keep them from bending down to the deck height?

the crappie soldier
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Were do you get the actual rod holder?

The rod holders are made in Ky, you can order them on the website Cumberland Crappie Custom Rod Holder Home (http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com)

the crappie soldier
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Do those seat mounts bend or is there some sort of bump stop underneath to keep them from bending down to the deck height?

Quack, they don't bend, might flex a little bit when your sitting on them if your floor aint level but they don't bend. If you need it curved a little to sit on the deck that can be done. I know some were done that way for a G3. Give Terry a call 606 425-7151 if you need specifics for you boat. Tight lines.

the crappie soldier
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM

These are some better pics that were taken today. You can see the rod transport rack in these photos too. That rod rack aint on the website yet but call if you're interested.

Tight lines.

the crappie soldier
01-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Made a typo on the phone number in the first post.:(sorry.
it should be
(606) 425-7151

the crappie soldier
01-09-2011, 11:49 PM
A lot of cdc'ers have asked about the rod transport rack thats in some of the photos above. Its $200 and not on the website, complete custom order so can be made a little taller/wider, whatever you need and would take a couple of days to make. All 3 sections/stands will come with our bases to mount in the floor and racks can be removed when you don't need them on the boat. Thanks for looking, tight lines!:)

Call for more info.

BamaMan
01-10-2011, 03:30 AM
What are the rod rack made of? Are there 2 racks or 3 racks to support the rods? Like one on each end and one in the middle? Do you know how much the rod racks weight. They look nice.

the crappie soldier
01-10-2011, 08:35 AM
What are the rod rack made of? Are there 2 racks or 3 racks to support the rods? Like one on each end and one in the middle? Do you know how much the rod racks weight. They look nice.

Bama, they are aluminum. Your right, 1 on each end and 1 in the middle. Not sure about the weight, not very heavy.

the crappie soldier
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
After a lot of interest and positive feedback on the rod rack a little bit of redesign was done and I think some of you will really like this. Its 9 ft 4 inches long (could be longer or shorter if you want) The price is a little better than I quoted some of ya before too.
$175 for like in the photo for 2 layers of rods, 16 rods total.
$125 for a single layer platform for 8 rods.
This thing is rigid as you can see in the photos so it can be lifted out of the boat with all the rods in it. This is nice if you cover your boat or wanna carry the rods inside your garage or motel room for the night.

I still aint got this on the website.........if you wanna see any more pics send me a pm or email.

wannabecrappieking
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Any guys who are interested, i can vouch for Cumberland Crappie, they make Great!! products. I bought the double seat stand had it custom made for my Ranger 178, it was finished and shipped to my house within 5 days! Very Very Nice set up. I am also buying the rod holders and hopefully the rod rack if my wife will let me>> LOL

BamaMan
01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Now that is nice!

07_hemi_thunderroad
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
WOW a very nice product on the t-style rod holders! and i am glad to knew that you are local to the area! I have just add some of the rod holders to the birthday list!

Jigging15
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Does the 8 rod transportation rack have the piece of tubing running from front to the back holding the three up rights together? Or could a guy just buy 2 of the up rights that would hold 8 rods along with the base plates for them. Not sure I could mount it in my boat the way it is in the pics but would just want the bases and the two peices that hold the rods made for 8 rods. Then I could space them apart where I needed them to be able to use them for my 12 ft rods when rigging and then take them out when dipping timber.

the crappie soldier
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Does the 8 rod transportation rack have the piece of tubing running from front to the back holding the three up rights together? Or could a guy just buy 2 of the up rights that would hold 8 rods along with the base plates for them. Not sure I could mount it in my boat the way it is in the pics but would just want the bases and the two peices that hold the rods made for 8 rods. Then I could space them apart where I needed them to be able to use them for my 12 ft rods when rigging and then take them out when dipping timber.

PM sent.

Without the bar (and the middle support), just the 2 racks and bases would be $150 for double (16 rod) and $100 for the single (8 rod). With 12 ft rods I wouldnt mount them over 7, maybe 8 feet apart or the rods will likely sag without that middle brace--but would still work really well.

rockmike
01-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Can you furnish the rod rack with the side mount, like shown in one of your photos?

the crappie soldier
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Can you furnish the rod rack with the side mount, like shown in one of your photos?

Sure can rockmike, if thats how ya need it. Just make sure you call before you order so we know exactly what you need.

rockmike
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Will these ship with the long top bar?

the crappie soldier
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
If you want the long bar it will ship that way. $100 for just the single racks, or $125 with the long bar with middle rod support. Some people don't want the long bar or middle support but if you use anything over 12 ft I would highly recommend it so rods don't sag. The bar separates for shipping into 2 sections, so you gotta bolt it back together when you get it.

jsplinter
01-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Man this is some awesome stuff...got a few questions for you...first i have a center console boat and want the double seats, do they have any rubber bottom to them or are they just straight alluminum? my boat doesnt have any carpet like in the pics and dont want to mess my deck up. are you selling that mount that your front fish finder is on? how tall is that? and for the travel racks, is there anything holding the front tips down? it looks like they may bounce out while traveling down the road.

thanks
josh

the crappie soldier
01-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Man this is some awesome stuff...got a few questions for you...first i have a center console boat and want the double seats, do they have any rubber bottom to them or are they just straight alluminum? my boat doesnt have any carpet like in the pics and dont want to mess my deck up. are you selling that mount that your front fish finder is on? how tall is that? and for the travel racks, is there anything holding the front tips down? it looks like they may bounce out while traveling down the road.

thanks
josh

Josh, bungee cord strap included for the tips and rod handles to keep everything secure.

There isnt any rubber on the bottom of the seat mount. But that would be a pretty easy fix.

Man, everybody likes that fishfinder "elevator", lol, gets it up close so you can see the screen good. Give us a call if your interested in that with desired height and dimensions for your fishfinder base--Terry can do those but its pretty much a custom item so you could get it made as high as you needed.

Tight lines!

rockmike
01-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Got your rod rack and installed. Looks like it should do a good job.

wannabecrappieking
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Got my Rod holders Ron. Like the new design with the locking teeth on the T bar. Will make it easy to move the spidder rig rods to the side when i jig the brush piles, and still want to have the double minnow rig out to the side. My boat is going to look good rigged up with all your stuff at the Boat Show in Indy. Your gonna miss a hell of a show

the crappie soldier
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Got your rod rack and installed. Looks like it should do a good job.

Good deal!

the crappie soldier
02-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Based off some customer feedback and special requests to fit their boats we have modified the rod rack a little bit to accomodate different boat styles. These are not on our website yet but email or call if you're interested. I can always send you an email invoice if you want to order. Can be ordered without the long support bar. Support bar can be ordered in any length. These are custom made so it can be made as tall or short as you need it. Call for pricing.

The style in the previous pics and on the website is still available, this is just another option for 8 or 16 rods. If you wanna see more pics just email me. Thanks for looking and tight lines!

Get ready, the next couple of months are gonna be good for catchin some big fish!
55798e55797.55796

Fishfryed
03-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Installed double set and rod holders and hit the water for a test run. Got to the ramp and one of the 10' rods had came lose and was laying in the boat. I thought maybe I didn't strap down good so I check all the straps and all look good. We put boat in and the lake was a rough but not to bad (10-15 mph winds ) and ran about 20-25 mph in boat. I look over at the rod rack and there were rods sliding back off of the rack. If you use 10' rods order a 8' 4" bar the 9' 4" is to long and you will lose your rods in the lake or on the road.Do:eek:

the crappie soldier
03-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Installed double set and rod holders and hit the water for a test run. Got to the ramp and one of the 10' rods had came lose and was laying in the boat. I thought maybe I didn't strap down good so I check all the straps and all look good. We put boat in and the lake was a rough but not to bad (10-15 mph winds ) and ran about 20-25 mph in boat. I look over at the rod rack and there were rods sliding back off of the rack. If you use 10' rods order a 8' 4" bar the 9' 4" is to long and you will lose your rods in the lake or on the road.Do:eek:

The overall length of the rack should probably be at least 2 ft shorter than your rods, maybe more.
Doesn't sound like you lost anything so thats good. Give us a call if you want to send it back or get it redone shorter, no problem there. Tight lines.

Fishfryed
03-06-2011, 11:25 PM
The bar separates for shipping into 2 sections, so you gotta bolt it back together when you get it.

Sorry for the negative feed back but I want the next person to get it correct... The bar that you bolt back together will bow in the middle with little effort so I had it welded and it seems to hold just fine. I see the new one in the picture has some kind of strap holding the middle from sagging. I also added two straps for the middle support to hold the rods better while going down the lake. This also allows you to store 7'-8' rods if needed.They can be strapped down in two places. The rubber pegs covers need to be the full length of the peg. The way they are now your line will catch on them and you have to fight to get them to come loose. The rod racks are a great idea just need a little fine tuning. The double down seat bracket works great. I like the looks of the new 45* angle rod racks. I talked with your partner about that idea for my boat because mine will hit the passenger in the shoulder going down the lake.

Ken

the crappie soldier
03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
The bar separates for shipping into 2 sections, so you gotta bolt it back together when you get it.

Sorry for the negative feed back but I want the next person to get it correct... The bar that you bolt back together will bow in the middle with little effort so I had it welded and it seems to hold just fine. I see the new one in the picture has some kind of strap holding the middle from sagging. I also added two straps for the middle support to hold the rods better while going down the lake. This also allows you to store 7'-8' rods if needed.They can be strapped down in two places. The rubber pegs covers need to be the full length of the peg. The way they are now your line will catch on them and you have to fight to get them to come loose. The rod racks are a great idea just need a little fine tuning. The double down seat bracket works great. I like the looks of the new 45* angle rod racks. I talked with your partner about that idea for my boat because mine will hit the passenger in the shoulder going down the lake.

Ken

Thanks for the feedback Ken, thats what I like to see so we can make improvements.

jimp
03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
in a couple of the pictures, the one w/ the 2 gents wasting their day away on the lake (lucky dogs) there is a net holder (I assume it's a net) black pole/handle in a vertical cylinder that is attached to the floor, but is not in another picture. How does that work, attach to the boat, etc.???

the crappie soldier
03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
in a couple of the pictures, the one w/ the 2 gents wasting their day away on the lake (lucky dogs) there is a net holder (I assume it's a net) black pole/handle in a vertical cylinder that is attached to the floor, but is not in another picture. How does that work, attach to the boat, etc.???

jimp, the net holder has a 3" round base with 3 bolts fastening it to the floor and 1/2 inch hole in center. The net holder itself has a 1/2 inch threaded rod on bottom that screws into the base, you can take it on/off real easy as needed.

There are a couple of pics on the website, net holders $25+ $5 shipping Cumberland Crappie Accessories (http://cumberlandcrappie.com/accessories.html) I can take some better pics and send if you want. Need to get some better close ups anyways so I may do that tomorrow and post them.

As far as the "lucky dogs" in the photo, lol, we need to find some better looking models............. Rofl

the crappie soldier
03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Took me a couple of days but here are the close up photos of the net holder. Its 12" tall and 1 1/2" diameter, 3 bolt base countersunk, 1/2" thread screws down tight to base.56759 56758

CrappieG3
03-14-2011, 09:54 AM
The net holder is a must, I have mine right up front between me and my partner and wouldn't be caught without it.
It has saved us many fish!

jimp
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
the models are showing their "photogenic" side right??????? thanks for the info, I like that net holder, but would it also work as a rod holder, is it large enough for a rod handle to fit down inside ??

the crappie soldier
03-15-2011, 08:09 PM
the models are showing their "photogenic" side right??????? thanks for the info, I like that net holder, but would it also work as a rod holder, is it large enough for a rod handle to fit down inside ??

Yeah, it'll hold a rod too. I've stuck one in mine a time or two for retying when I didnt have a net with me but never used it just for that.

LY34
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Got my double seat rig from Cumberland yesterday and it sure looks nice. Had them make one for my boat which has the 1.77 post hole (Ranger Style) and it fits perfect. Thanks Terry

Backwater Man
06-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I want to rig my Bass Tracker with a double seat combo.----Depth finders---You guys have fiberglass in hull fish finders or mounted to the trolling motor.------With these setup--you have to pretty much fish in somewhat open water where you have condo's built.-----How much stationary fishing do you guys do.

the crappie soldier
06-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm never stationary, always moving at least 0.5 mph. You could fish stationary, wouldn't be a problem. But the only time I do is if I'm night fishing and anchored up with lights out. You are not restricted to open water--but you will get hung up and break off fishing around stumps/brushpiles/laydowns but thats all part of it and sometimes its worth the hang ups to catch some nice fish.