Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold front moving through

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold front moving through

Need to get some input. The air temp has been in the lower 70's here for two or three days. A cold front (dropping 20 degrees to lower 50's) will hit tonight/early morning (Sat.). On the 2nd day of this front (Sun), I plan on doing some fishing.

Question is, where would be your 1st and 2nd choices as for as location starting out? For example, would you start out over creek channels and move shallow, or maybe start with deep brush or standing timber. I know there is a lot more variables, but this is all I have right now.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really like post-frontal conditions. I never seem to do as well. If you have been doing some fishing lately, they shouldn't move too far. They should stay in the same general area but move a little bit deeper and/or closer to cover. They probably won't be hovering over brushpiles but instead lodged in the middle of them. Creek channels are usually a good bet, because it gives them a range of depths to find their preference. Also, don't forget to check for any suspended fish.

They may not be in a feeding mood, so try a variety of baits. You may also want to try minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

I always do better before a front than after it. The areas to fish just have too many variable but I would try where the creeks meet the main lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I live north and we always fight coldfronts. I would try in 4-6 ft trolling just fast enough to keep a white wiggler tail up and moving.Man I watch a couple boys slay em every spring , one watches a couple tall poles, and the other trolls the boat back and forth. That timber sounds good.