Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gel a lure from spike it

Post Thanks / Like

Default gel a lure from spike it

I found this video on youtube while searching around for plastics videos. I thought this was a very cool way to make baits. I know it is much more time consuming and although I have not checked the prices, I am sure it is much more expensive. However, even though it would be hard to get a perfect bait shape, you could do whatever personal pattern you wanted on the baits. You could also make personalized baits with writing, names or sports logos for fishing friends or all kinds of meat things I would assume. Check this video out and see what you think.

YouTube - New from Spike-It! LureWorks GEL-A-LURE

Post Thanks / Like

I would also imagine you could make a mold out of anything that is oven safe and make whatever design you wanted. That is just an idea for the creative minded folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you could take the bigger baits out of this kind of plastic and dip them in heated clear plastisol for a nice smooth clear coat sealing look.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the link. This stuff is very interesting. I can see lots of possibilities with this stuff. Including working with it in our injection molding I'm sure that this stuff would work quite well in conjunction with hot plastic there might be a fusing problem don't know how hot that you have to shoot the plastic to make it work what I'm trying to say is you might have to put your molds with this stuff in the Elvin and then shoot plastic on over it. It seems like in a video that he was use in a injection mold to do this work with so I'm assuming that we can take our injection molds and do the same thing is he's done we will have to find out where to get their stuff that I would imagine that it could be available to Bass Pro or many other mail-order catalogs. But I do like the fact that you can mix two colors together to make a marble affect which I think is really cool. Besides spots so you're able to do many different designs with your plastic bait.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is very interesting snake. I see lots of possibilities too. I was wondering about the bonding issues too. However if it bonds well, you could do so much with it. You could draw designs with it in your bigger molds very thin and then bake it to cure and then shoot the belly with regular injection plastic to make some cool baits. If it bonds well it could be awesome stuff. It did look like an injection mold he used in the video.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    It is very interesting snake. I see lots of possibilities too. I was wondering about the bonding issues too. However if it bonds well, you could do so much with it. You could draw designs with it in your bigger molds very thin and then bake it to cure and then shoot the belly with regular injection plastic to make some cool baits. If it bonds well it could be awesome stuff. It did look like an injection mold he used in the video.
    yes, I am dying to get my hands on some of that stuff to play with. I think we could have a ball with it. Just think of the possibilities of your twister tail in many other baits that we could have fun with putting spots on plastic baits is a thing that they hand mold people used to do. I called them flat molds or back in the Stone Age. But we you still have a mold company that made flat molds but large capacity in the way of cavities. I believe it was called beaver or green beaver something or other. If anybody knows of this outfit. Please let me know we have been searching for them used to be that we've used plastic in the past we did not heated up to put in the mold we put it in their cold and put the mold in the oven and heated up to 300 and some degrees I don't remember for about 20 min. or so. It did work quite well but you do not have a uniform plastic bait making a bass bait in the video like he did is something totally different I'm sure that they homemaker or I should say hobbyist could have a ball doing it that way for somebody is not going to make a lot of baits for personal use but the application of the stuff could be used very successfully making spots and lines pretty fast soul seeker get your first bottle in get with that. I will try to find the stuff in my catalogs and order a few bottles to play with.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I do not really have the money to buy much of that stuff right now. I do like it but I was mainly posting this for you snake. I know you love to try interesting new things and you at this time have more money to spend on the hobby than I do. I knew you would love this. I might see if I can buy 1 or 2 different colors and just see what I can do. If you find any of it and you try it, please post pictures and show me what you come up with. You are right, we could put spots or whatever on twister tails or anything. I am excited to see what you can do with it snake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I do not really have the money to buy much of that stuff right now. I do like it but I was mainly posting this for you snake. I know you love to try interesting new things and you at this time have more money to spend on the hobby than I do. I knew you would love this. I might see if I can buy 1 or 2 different colors and just see what I can do. If you find any of it and you try it, please post pictures and show me what you come up with. You are right, we could put spots or whatever on twister tails or anything. I am excited to see what you can do with it snake.
    be glad to try it out if I find out where to buy it. If anybody knows who sills that stuff please let me know. I cannot find it in any of my catalogs. Apparently it is very new to the market . Yes we are very excited about messing with the stuff I'm sure that you can come up with some interesting baits. I would like to contact them, which I may follow that link and do so and get back to you guys on what they say.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Production wise it takes to long. Making lures for grins and giggles its fine. Just about the same stuff as creepy crawler goop. If anybody here is old enough to remember that Mattel toy. Excluding snake lol .

Post Thanks / Like

pondhopper, I know it is too slow for production. However for making some cool looking baits it would be nice. Also just playing with it in spare time would be fun. I remembered seeing a video one time of the creepy crawler goop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast