Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman dam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman dam

I know the rumor has been floating around about droppn truman a bunch to work on the dam,hears what i heard today whlie pouring concrete at sedalia hosp,the driver told me they are gettin ready to start a 2 month project pumpn a assss load of concrete into the bottom of the dam due to a leak..this guy may be a little windy so speak up if anyone has heard anything close to this...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Drop that sucker 10 ft for a couple weeks and let me take vacation and see how many waypoints of stakebeds and brushpiles my Lowrance will hold. I have not heard anything about it. But I have not been out much lately. I will hit Everharts tomorrow and see if the guys in there have heard anything. If they drop it 5-10 ft I will have to burn a couple hundred dollars in fuel in the boat marking all the beds in the upper Grand and Osage so it will save me money if the rumer is a rumer but if not the back and boat are ready for marking spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I will give fisher concrete a call tommorow to get more info...im with you jared the fish finder would be full of new spots..even if they dropped it 3 feet it would be awsome....

Post Thanks / Like

They have been working below the dam, on the erosion that occurs when they release water from Truman to LOZ. They hauled in a sh.... load of rip rap in the fall and there has been a crane on a barge below the dam for at least 2 months. There is a phone number at the COE that you can call that tells the discharge at the dam. If they don't discharge water, Truman lake doesn't go down. LOZ is higher than normal for this time of year. The rumor changes to fit what people want to hear. Just my view of things.

Post Thanks / Like

Have heard this about most every corp lake that have lived close to over the years from missouri to iowa and back. It makes the rounds every year seems like, not saying it can't happen because Pomme has had some of it this year but not going to hold my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

heck it woud be cheaper to hire a plane and fly over and take pictures,

I eaven heard the rumor at the local coffee shop in aurora. who knows? not me