Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two-legged Marsh Rats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two-legged Marsh Rats

Having become smitten with specklebellies and not caring a whit about "light" geese, I have spent a pile of time and a lot of dollars on spec-hunting. This AM two large flocks of snows took an interest in my 18 spec decoys and came to see. Got three, one of which sported a band it received in way-north Canada in August 2006!
    So, I've done my part this year of thinning the population of two-legged marsh rats. Now if I can only convince the specs that my decoys are for their benefit and not for someone else! :p
    Pete

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That leg band is a nice little souvenier. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Having become smitten with specklebellies and not caring a whit about "light" geese, I have spent a pile of time and a lot of dollars on spec-hunting. This AM two large flocks of snows took an interest in my 18 spec decoys and came to see. Got three, one of which sported a band it received in way-north Canada in August 2006!
    So, I've done my part this year of thinning the population of two-legged marsh rats. Now if I can only convince the specs that my decoys are for their benefit and not for someone else! :p
    Pete
    Hey Sp,

I can go down to the local duck pond and gather up some speckle-bellies for ya. Maybe tie um too. Easier to hit that way.
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Killed a banded spec last week. It was banded in 2009 in Alaska. I would have figured him to be a Pacific flyway bird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Killed a banded spec last week. It was banded in 2009 in Alaska. I would have figured him to be a Pacific flyway bird.
    That's cool.. They sure travel a long ways to get away from the cold.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool...there was a man on the Miss. board went to Arkansas weekend before last and killed a "Blond" Mallard Drake. Kinda neat looking, said he was gonna have that one mounted, since some of the sho nuff duck hunters said that was a rare thing....:D
    John 21:6
    "Cast your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
    Maybe we are just on the wrong side sometimes.....