Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to go fishing

I'm looking for someplace we can do some crappie fishing within the next few weeks. Somewhere a little warmer than here right now (+2f) within a 12 hr. drive or so from northern ia. Thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fishn ia, the bottom dropped out last night here in Mo. You guys up in Iowa sent all that cold down here did'nt ya, hehe. Got a trip planned in May to Rathbun, hope it warms up by then. With this artic blast we got, ya might hafta go way south...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

It is cold down south for the next few days, but it is supposed to be back in the low 60s by the middle of next week. If your willing to drive 12 hours, you can definitely find some warmer weather down south. We have all types of lakes down here, so it would depend on what style of fishing you are wanting to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry for sending that cold air down there. I tried to stop it at the Mn. border, but it just blew on through. We have a boat, most of the time we jig, or bobber fish crappie up here throughout the "warm" season. I'm open to trying anything once though. Thanks for the replies so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Iowa is a bit of a haul but the weather and crappie fishing out here in California are always decent. If you wanna make an insane trip head on out. I'll take a vacation day or two and we hit the water.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold weather

Quote Originally Posted by fishn_ia
    I'm looking for someplace we can do some crappie fishing within the next few weeks. Somewhere a little warmer than here right now (+2f) within a 12 hr. drive or so from northern ia. Thanks for any advice.
    I would tell you to come down to sunny South Carolina but they calling for sleet and freezing rain tomorrow, cold Sunday, more sleet and freezing rain on Monday, and rain in the forecast for the next ten days!!! Heck, I think I'll be one of them illegal aliens and move to MEXICO!! :p

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome. If you are willing to drive 12 hrs you can surely find something fishable I would think. I come from SW Minn originally and used to drive back & forth from Tx. I would leave Minn (3 hrs north of Souix City) and
    12 hrs would take me to extreme southern Kansas or northern Okla. Don't know what the weather or fishing has been like in those areas but you might want to decide where in general you want to head and post a feeler on those state message boards and see if you get any current info.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to a guy in Des Moines at the show yesterday, and he recomended kentuky lake. He was pretty busy so I didn't have much chance to "pick his brain". Any advise on this lake would be greatly appreciated. Lodgeing, bait shops, restuarants, and of course good places to fish ! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of folks from Iowa, Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Minnesota, come down and fish with me every March for that same reason! Beaver Lake is in NW Arkansas. We are located about 7 hours or so south on US 35 and then south on US 71. We do have a healthy population of crappies with several fish 15" or larger caught often. We also have a good number of walleyes as well. I am located 45 minutes or so east of Eureka Springs and a half hour north of Fayetteville.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, here in Indiana the temp was about the same yesterday. On these last few cold days I have been getting my rods ready and the boat. Good Luck this year...

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast