Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daiichi Stand Out hooks ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daiichi Stand Out hooks ?

Has anyone used the 90* Stand out hooks from Daiichi ? Was thinking of useing one as a double rig, 1/16 oz. fuzz-e-grub on bottom with a #2 stand out hook 6"-8" up the line with a minnow, fished under a float. Any opinions or input on the set up or the hooks themselves ? Do tandem rigs like this offer better results over a single rig ? -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

BPS has them, called a Mr Crappie Slab Stacker. I bought one a couple of weeks ago....lost it in a sunken tree before I could catch anything with it. But it looks like a good idea. Might see if I can find a package of stand out hooks and make some of them myself.

Post Thanks / Like

The idea is great. I have never used them but fished with a buddy who was using them.
    From what I seen they do not allow the minnow or jig to move around freeley. However I'm sure they will catch fish.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

That Stand-Out hook is tough--if you get it hung up your gonna most likely lose it cause it don't bend. I tried these on double rigs last year or the year before but the hooks are made too well and don't give any when hung. I used both the slab stacker and the daiche.

"Grousefly" makes some double duece jigs with eyes on top and bottom. Those work well, been using them lately for doubling up. Grousefly can make in whatever weight you want.
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com