Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie tournament trail?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie tournament trail?

does WI have a tournament trail? or do they have many crappie tourney? any suggestions on where to keep updated if there is any?

Post Thanks / Like

Only annual tournament that I know of is "Crappie Quest" held near Hayward on the Chippewa Flowage at Musky Tale resort. Musky Tale resort has a web page with details. Let me know if you hear of any others!

Post Thanks / Like

There is tagged crappie contest in Lost Land,Teal and Ghost Lakes in the Hayward, Wisconsin area. This event has given out $500.00 and down cash prizes over the last eleven years, plus various other items. Was a $3 entrance fee, good for several months. As a previous bait and tackle shop owner, myself and two others started this event with DNR approval back in 2000.

This event was patterned after a Rice Lake, Wisconsin event that tags many pan fish species. Not aware if it still exist.

Sorry I could not help more.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish the lake Kosh ice tourney and if you caught the tagged walleye you got 10K, never heard of anyone ever catching it though

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie quest 2011 will be held Oct 1 & 2 at Musky Tale Resort on the Chippewa Flowage. They don't have any info on their web page yet but check back with their site in the future (April?) for info. The tagged fish tournament for the Quiet Lakes area, Lost/Teal/Ghost, is on again this year and it is also in the Hayward area. If you enjoy ice fishing for crappies Norrie Lake, in Shawano county, puts on a contest usually sometime in Feb. Best fish my daughter and I caught there were a little over 13" and I know of one fish that was caught there that was 19". I didn't believe it when I first heard about it but then the guy brought out the mount and I just about fell over! Will keep looking so add to the list if anyone finds more. Just wish crappie fishing was more enthusiastic here in Wisconsin but with the walleye and musky species available it is hard to drum up enthusiasm for my favorite fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody interested in getting Wisconsin involved in the Crappie.com virtual tournament if they get it going? Info on the main crappie forum. Would be nice if we focused on lakes that allow motor trolling if they set it up on certain lakes or whatever so we could spider rig/long line. If needed I would be happy to take care of the DNR details. Would be great to meet other folks and fish lakes in Wisconsin with crappies in common. Who knows where this could lead!