Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retired or fixing too

Post Thanks / Like

Default Retired or fixing too

If im retired or fixing too,and the wife and I want to take a road trip and see some of the other states, and I wanted to take my fishing gear with me to do some fishing in a number of different states we pass thru. do we need to buy an out of state lic. in every state we fish in. and if you have too. Why cant they allow any one who retires who pays the cost of there fishing lic in the state there from to use it in any state in the union. because they may only take a road trip once in there whole life time and at least give them that privalidge. Any thoughts or comments on this is welcome.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Your state will let you fish for free the rest of your life, but the other states, well, they want money. 65 don't count if you cross the sate border. You can get day permits from lots of states.

Google the states up and look at the state fishing permits.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

That would be cool. If other states would let you fish for say 1 week a year on your home state license. But alas, everyone wants to gig you for a few dollars from the tourist.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Your state will let you fish for free the rest of your life, but the other states, well, they want money. 65 don't count if you cross the sate border. You can get day permits from lots of states.

Google the states up and look at the state fishing permits.
    Not so in ILL
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    Not so in ILL

Can't fish free?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I can asure you that if they done that for the 65 and older ppl. they would double the amount in other revenue for the few fish that was caught by the visiting retirees. Ill stay in my own state and not spend a dime in the other states if i have too.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Helpme, In La. you only need to by a daily license. Still not the deal you want but better than having to pay for the whole season. I'm just about in that boat myself.
    "gene"

Non-Resident (NR) Recreational Fishing Fees

Basic Fishing Season $60.00
    Basic Fish Trip - 1 day $5.00
    Saltwater Season $30.00
    Saltwater Trip - 1 day $17.50
    Charter Passenger (3-day) $5.00
    Charter Skiff (3-day) $30.00
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of states you can buy out of state permits for one day, three days, or 7 days. I get three day permits when I go to Tennessee to fish. Its not that big a deal.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I still think they should give any one who has worked all there life and retires some things free, but there not going to give any one any thing. I know its not a big deal but some ppl that is on a very small fixed income, those things might encourge some one to get out and see some new sights before its too late.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with lower rates you'll still watch where your pennies goes after retiring. You may get to fish your neighboring states under recipocal agreements (if there is any) with your current liscenses but that's about it. Everywhere else you'll have to pay.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast