Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Texas Marine-Waco

Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Texas Marine-Waco

I was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with Cent-tex marine in Waco? Their Customer Service is less than desireable. I will go into more detail later.

crapzilla Guest

Please do.

My dad and I will be looking at Centex and Yowell's for a boat this weekend if the roads aren't iced over.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't buy from them, I am in the process of sending a complaint letter to Tracker and once I am done. I will post more. I should have listened to other people before I drove there today. I had heard many bad stories but went anyway, now I understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little further down the road

I drove to Temple to Marine Outlet to buy my boat and was very satified. It was one of the deals I'll take X amount of dollars for the boat and it was extremely reasonable and no haggling. They have always provided good service also.

Sumo

Post Thanks / Like

Larry,

something wrong with the boat? wanna fish tomorrow? there's a 30 percent chance that we won't get any ice.
    Scott

crapzilla Guest

I think we'll stick to Yowell's until you post about your experience at Centex.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how to make this brief. I called them to ask If I needed an appointment for them to look at my boat. (throttle is tight) nothing big. And the guy on the phone was a real jerk, he first asked me, did I buy the boat from them, I said no. He asked where did I buy? I told him Austin, he told me to take it to them. I said they were closer. He then asked why I didn't buy from them? I began to tell him that I tried, I drove to Waco on three different Saturdays and they had closed early every freakin time. NO posting, no messages on their answering service or anything. Just three wasted trips for me. He started using profanity toward me and basically said I was a lying. Well, I ignored him and drove there anyway. When I got there, it was the same A** behind the counter. He was very rude and told me to park my boat out between these other two and he they would call me. After parking the boat I took the key into him and asked when they would be able to look at it. He said about a week or so. I said what? He then got rude again and started using profanity. I took my keys back and left. I wouldn't have minded keeping my boat there, if I only knew he was treating me fair. I know without doubt he was only giving me a hard time because I didn't buy from them. I then called down to Austin and they told me they had heard other complaints about the Waco place. Bottom line is, I will never go back. It doesn't sound like much after reading this, so I guess you had to be there. It was the worst I have been treated by any company in a long time.
    Likes MarkB LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

so does this mean that you don't want to go fishing tomorrow?

Just joking dude. sounds like a bunch of idiots running that place. Guess I'll go to Yowell's when I get ready to buy my Lowe.

p1ss poor service must be in the air, my wife got the run around today with the cell phone place. she said she was glad that I wasn't there. I would have caused a scene.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Your going fishing tomorrow? I will have to see how the weather turns out. The wind has been bad. I am very tempted. Are you going to the usual place?

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to tell you. They had your boats twin brother parked right out in front. I didn't see a price and wasn't about to even try and converse with these knuckleheads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast