Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2011 BPS catalog

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 BPS catalog

just got 2011 BPS master fishing catalog and i open and take a look at all of things and there's somethings new on gloomis have been make 2 new models for crappie fishing and sell just under 90 dollar.. GL2 series..

most have been same models as usually but it have some change is some of them do not have a foregrip and some have change from full handle to split grip, most are just same..
    it was nice to get that 2011 BPS catalog today in mail..

miss to see wally marshall picture in BPS but it has been GONE ... glad he still sell his own product very soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Ya...bought on of the Wally Marshall spinning combos at BPS last Sunday. Went out Monday...first cast...very smooth, so were the 2nd -4th...5th cast the rod broke!!! Took it back last night and talked to a couple of the guys in the rod & reel area...they confirmed my thought to get something else instead. They had the BPS Micro Lite IM6 on sale so I picked up a 7 footer. I like the Micro Lite glass 5.6 foot I have. Should have picked up a new reel too, an excuse to make another trip!

Do they charge to send out the new catalog? I need one in the...er...planning room.

Post Thanks / Like

if u go in BPS web and request a catalog they will sent to you for FREE let it give a TRY..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
    just got 2011 BPS master fishing catalog and i open and take a look at all of things and there's somethings new on gloomis have been make 2 new models for crappie fishing and sell just under 90 dollar.. GL2 series..

most have been same models as usually but it have some change is some of them do not have a foregrip and some have change from full handle to split grip, most are just same..
    Interesting, but I can't find on either the Loomis site or BP's site. Are you sure it's a "GLoomis"? I'm asking because Gary Loomis is now working with TFO, and Bass Pro is selling those rods. "Gary Loomis" rods and "GLoomis" rods are not the same.

Can you post the exact name of the rod? I'd like to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I found 1 picture of Ol' Wally with his rod holders, but that was all I found with his name on it.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

TFO is in tbe bass pro shop what i see in catalog it has color on rear of split grip, but all i know gary loomis have other company they work with is NFC north fork compsite somehtings like but it very expensive than the g-loomis

well i dont know why they still hame g-loomis when he dont work for them no more.. i havent trying or give a feel TFO rods

most is same but it has add to mirco guides and orginal guides by your choice when u are buy and the crappie maxx are there same as when wally marshall degsin style but no wally in catalog and notice a another missing is rick clunn not in catalog too i was wonder about it
    BPS rods are just same as usually but u know that bionic now make a split grip handle with no fore grip in vary models ever ultra light, but still the same models and specs
    HUMP handle is still on most of trigger rods, and some straight with new degsin..

the website show a 2010 style but u might want to wait til after xmas and 2011 product will be come in website..

Post Thanks / Like

TFO is in tbe bass pro shop what i see in catalog it has color on rear of split grip, but all i know gary loomis have other company they work with is NFC north fork compsite somehtings like but it very expensive than the g-loomis
    OK, those are the TFO "Gary Loomis" rods NOT "GLoomis". They're still good rods, though. I bought one of the ultralights last year, and I like it a lot. And you're right: Gary is selling blanks through NFC, and he's designing rods for TFO. (TFO has always been a fly rod company, but they're really branching out now.)

well i dont know why they still hame g-loomis when he dont work for them no more..
    When he sold the company, he sold the rights to the "GLoomis" name as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the new crappie plastics at BPS. Chicken foot and Strike Kings new stuff looks interesting.

Freshwater Fishing Panfish Current Offers New

Looks like Quantum may have a nice low cost reel here.

http://www.basspro.com/Quantum-QVex-...742592#reviews
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I see LAKE FORK is big time now at bass pro. Good plastic hope they do well. Ive caugt lots of fish with them.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't gotten mine yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it came and the wife hid it LOL