Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Report 12/23/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Report 12/23/10

Fished stockton this morning from 8:30-12 in a brisk wind. We fished out of cedar ridge on beds from 22-32ft and caught a couple of limits. Glow chart is what we always use and worked again today. Not a bad thing but we caught a lot more short fish today than we have been. Worth note, at least for us was the fact we caught fish in the 22-25ft range and the last few times anything less than 25-27 was none productive. We fished mouths of coves and main lake beds with equal results. Fish were anywhere from glued to the bottom to 6-8 ft up. Didn't take pics as most fish were just good keepers. Only had 4 over 12 and nothing over 13. Only saw 2 other boats all morning and knew the guys in one of them.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

good report Don and I like that glo/chart jig myself, pretty much my every color jig, reguardless of the water condition.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    good report Don and I like that glo/chart jig myself, pretty much my every color jig, reguardless of the water condition.......
    Funny you say that. I fish a midsouth glow/chart super jig all the time every time except during the spawn when I will fish some grubs and swimming minnows on road runners heads. I always tell my fishing buds I should only have a small box with 1/16, and 1/8oz heads and the glow/chart tubes. Yes, I fish some other baits from time to time, but only after I have established that they are hitting the glow/chart.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

my wife ask me one time why i have all those boxes full of baits. but i only get the one boxe out when we go crappie fishing . have a merry christmas .and hope to see you soon don little sac . oldjack

Post Thanks / Like

Good work out there, sounds like a great time. Congrats on the catch.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

nice report , cedar ridge area has been good to your and your fishing buds, congrats on the fine catch, starting to rain here this am, hope it rains a bunch, them fish need a little fresh water. later man

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice day, congrats on a the limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the limits & we also was used midsouth jigs blk/chart.