Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck hunt with my son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck hunt with my son

Got my 15 year old son up at 0445 --at his request--and took him to the duck blind this AM. Getting a teenager up that early isn't easy, but he did great--he got the first woodie drake and a Hollywood (shoveler) in the first 2 minutes of shooting hours, and then kept up the pace as he added a pair of grey ducks, a pintail drake and finished with a widgeon drake. I added a mallard hen, a woodie hen, another smilin' mallard (shoveler) and 3 grey ducks. Hope to have pics of the ducks when I get them off the camera.
    All fishing, all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Christmas dinner is a done deal! Congrats on the successful trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Freebird, that is exceptionally good stuff! 'Course, when he starts hinting that he wants a few dozen GHG decoys for Christmas/birthday/whatever...
    I can't believe Flag Lake is putting out grey ducks like that. They must be taking over everywhere, considering the W&F surveys.
    Incidentally, you could have each taken one more grey - or whatever - if you hadn't cracked those look-down ducks!
    Still, keep it up! Hours spent in a duck blind with Poppa WILL be remembered fondly!
    Pete

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a great hunt. Regardless, just spending the time together was priceless. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great hunt to me! Congrats and keep up the good work!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

good work keep those kids out there hunting, my dad did the same and i"ll always have those great memories and hes been gone almost 20 years. Love the local names smiling mallard, even ive never heard that one after a lifetime of waterfowling and carving, very cool!