Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: toledo bend

Chief Deep Guest

Default toledo bend

We are going to be fishing toledo bend late next week and was wondering if anyone can tell me what would be best to use ( minnows, road runners or what ever it takes) and how deep you are catching thems.
    Chief Deep

Post Thanks / Like

CD,
    Mark will put us on em !!!

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you boys are about to visit Mr. Robinson's Niegborhood:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

If you are fishin with Mark. Dont worry about a thing. He has the "Jigs Of Choice". Preferred by hundreds of once swimming T Bend Crappies.

Jigster

Chief Deep Guest

Default mr. robinson

sounds like mark knows his stuff, hopefully the cold snap won't give'm lock jaw

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry old Mark thinks like a crappie:D I bet if you saw him without a shirt on, he would have spots and a dorsil fin:D . If you can haldle the weather Mark can handle finding the fish. If you guys are staying at his lodge your in for a treat. Get ready to stop fishing and start catching!!! Have fun and let us know how you do.

Big Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Mark Saturday night and he was on his 13th day in a row of guiding. He said he was off Sunday and Allan Warren was comming Monday for three days to film a crappie show and a stripper show. He has 8-10 guests a night this week and a guide trips booked for the next 7-10 days. We all know the weather has sucked but he has still been bringing in big stringers. I fished beside him last Saturday, 11th, and post front, 35-45 MPH winds, 2 foot rolling waves, and muddy water they still had 45-50 nice crappie with just two fishing. He is really on the fish and now is the time. Some over 2 pounds every day. In good weather a limit should not be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

CD,
    See I told you I was taking you to a great place !!! -- only now--your
    half of the price just went up !! just kidding -- I'll pick you up Wed. and
    we'll head south !!

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Chief Deep Guest

Default Great Time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    Don't worry old Mark thinks like a crappie:D I bet if you saw him without a shirt on, he would have spots and a dorsil fin:D . If you can haldle the weather Mark can handle finding the fish. If you guys are staying at his lodge your in for a treat. Get ready to stop fishing and start catching!!! Have fun and let us know how you do.

Big Dave
    You was right on about mark he put us on the crappie, he is a wealth of knowledge about fishing and a pleasure to fish with. Had a good time at the lodge as well.
    Chief Deep

Post Thanks / Like

CD,
    The price of your next trip just went up !! ha ha. always look forward
    to fishing with you.

Z21