Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Underwater Cameras

Post Thanks / Like

Default Underwater Cameras

I was looking at the underwater cameras at Cabela's and was wondering if these things really work? What type of sistuation would you use one? What type of results can you expect? What type is better than another? Would you purchase one again? Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

clear water is a must
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two Aqu-Views, one years ago and a new model about a year or so ago and both worked like crap couldn't see 6 inches if that. They may work well in crystal clear water but around here SE Indiana most water is a little stained they didn't work very well. Even in some of the lakes I thought were pretty clear just not worth it. I say keep your money...

Post Thanks / Like

under the ice

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who lives at Bull Shoals, he loves his. That lake, along with Norfork, is crystal clear. Wouldn't be much use here in Ms though.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that i used in both clear and stained water. Stained is tough. About 6" is all you can see. In fairly clear water, like you can see your jig sink down a foot or more, you can see several feet. I used it to drop down on structure to see exactly what I was fishing. Stump, tree, old bridge pilings, a sunken car, whatever. At least you KNOW what you are fishing. I have seen crappie on the camera NUMEROUS times.
    Here's the downside. The cable that lets you lower the camera is just that, a cable. You have a hard time turning and pointing the camera in the direction you want. I used an old retractable duck decoy grabber and attached the camera (hard fastened it) to the end of the grabber. Now I can let out as much as i want and turn the camera instantly left to right and I KNOW how deep I am looking. Almost useless without this. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

just got a Marcum 825 SD and can't wait to try it out.

8" screen, black and whte and color, directional arrow onscreen to show you, n relation to the screen, which way the camera is looking, temperature, and depth readouts, all onscreen. A detachable tail fin stabilizer for slow trolling to keep the camera facing forward, or for any current conditions.

Should be a fun toy to use and see what structure is under the boat and to keep my 4 year old daughter occupied.

Once I get out and use it, I'll post some stuff about it.