Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I know it is early, but mark your calendars...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I know it is early, but mark your calendars...

The West TN Crappie Club will be hosting a couple of new events during 2011. First, we will be hosting our first annual "Fall Get-together" on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 21st, 22nd and 23rd, at Paris Landing State Park, on KY Lake. This will be an open event, with everyone invited... the more the merrier!!! The get-together will feature weekend-long camping, a couple of open tournaments, and a fish fry on Saturday evening. Should be a lot of fun. We are already looking forward to meeting (or seeing again) many of our crappie.com friends.

Also, the club will be hosting an Open Veterans' Benefit Crappie Tournament on Pickwick Lake, on Saturday, November 12, 2011, which will be the day after Veterans' Day. All proceeds from the tournament will be donated to a worthy Veterans' charity (TBD). We are already talking to a couple of other local crappie clubs about the possibility of our clubs banning together and making this an annual, multi-club sponsored event. We would love to have you join us for a day of fun, fellowship and fishing, in support of our Veterans!!!

Again, I know this notice comes quite early, but we wanted everyone to be able to mark their calendars. Additional information and reminders will be posted throughout the course of the year.

If you would like any additional info, feel free to check out the club website, West TN Crappie Club, or give me a call.

Hope to see you there!!!

George Pruitt
    731-267-2322

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the invite. I'll be sure to put it on my calendar!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the proceeds from the tournament going to a veterans charity.....maybe we should take a look into something like that for the coming up year.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    I like the idea of the proceeds from the tournament going to a veterans charity.....maybe we should take a look into something like that for the coming up year.
    I know we've done some pretty good fundraising in years past, so putting it to support the veterans would be a worthy cause, if you ask me!

Post Thanks / Like

I think so too,we'll see what we can come up with next year.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good one. Another one I really like is done in part by the Drury brothers who have the hunting shows on tv. They have one show called Dream season and during it the teams compete like a reality show but each team during the season/series of shows raises money for what is called Catch a Dream foundation. They take terminal and sick children on hunts and fishing with the proceeds. I thought about putting on a tournament this year and give away prizes for the winners and send entry fees to the Catch a Dream foundation. I have seen the shows where they take the kids amd their family and take them on hunts and fishing. It will almost make a grown guy cry to see the enjoyment that these terminal or disabled kids get when they get to go fishing or hunting. So that is another one I would like to try and raise some money for. If you google Catch a Dream you can learn a little more about it and what they do. Both would be great causes to give to for sure.