Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman dam area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman dam area

still no big fish,just lots of eaters.My brother picked up a good walleye and a friend also got one in and lost one at the boat,nice bonus fish.caught them from top to bottom,no certain depth.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out below the damn Saturday and caught a lot of small fish too. The keepers that we did catch though we 10-12" fish. Gonna give it hell again sometime this week if I can. Congrats on the bonus fish!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you two below the dam in the slack water or above on main lake? Would not mind going down on a decent day and spider rigging the slack water side.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the good day Dave, I only fished the below the dam thing once and it was a blast, must have been 40 boats there, bumpin,banging,and casting over other boats, we got two limits of crappie and 1 limit of small white bass, lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish i could luck into one of those bonus fish it's been a while....nothin better.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice day to me and a bonus fish to top it off. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

fishing above the dam,the walleye are coming inside the 1st cove one the right past the lookout bluff.crappie are on the bluff and inside the cove .the cove is also where I caught the 25#cat last week

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Dave. I have always heard good reports from fishing that area in the winter time but never fished it myself. At times that is about the only area not covered in ice. I have my boat covered and it will sit for a month or two so I am not tempted to get it out and mess my back up loading or un loading. Want to get it healed good before I do all that. But I do have a couple rods left out and some tackle so I can get out with some one else or fish from the bank if the ice is not in the creeks all winter.