Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: URGENT Wii question

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default URGENT Wii question

I'm thinking about getting my 5 yr old granddaughter a Wii for xmas but have not idea what I'm doing. I don't want to spend a fortune but need some advice as to what I need and any games she would like. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    I'm thinking about getting my 5 yr old granddaughter a Wii for xmas but have not idea what I'm doing. I don't want to spend a fortune but need some advice as to what I need and any games she would like. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    wish i could help but have no idea sorry

Post Thanks / Like

If she plays computer games now, then she will like it.....my grandson (14) showed me his this year and I loved the bowling....and the race cars.....it depends on how much she is into that sort of thing but, a warning, once you play it you will want it....Hey, maybe get it for yourself and she can come over to play it.....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with the PS3 if I were you. We had a Wii then my boys wanted a PS3 so we sold the Wii and bought one. You can use it to play blue ray dvds and also for Netflix.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had one for 2 years and they're really ramping up to get more games. Although I really like it I'm saving to get an X-box or maybe my kids will get it for me LOL I like the xbox over the PS way more stable system.

they'res lot's of kids games in your grand daughters age range. Here's a site for reviews of games geared towards her

Best Wii Games for 5 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

They also make fishing games.
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Bill, Wii is an addiction, not a game. We bought one last year, and those boys of mine, ages 5 and 8, can't stay off the thing.

If you can, buy it at Walmart of Target. We got ours at Target w/coupon. Cheap. The basic system comes with the famous Wii Sports disc, to get you started. It's an endless disc. There's something called Mii on the disc. Mii's are Wii people kids can create. Again--endless. Installation will be a breeze. Once you get over the fact there's nothing complicated about it, it's ridiculously simple. I don't even know why they shipped a manual with it. And I haven't looked at mine once.

Important- Wii is more than a game system. We get Wii news, weather etc. Ours is connected to our wifi, we play online, and even watch movies with the Netflix download disc. No joke, we have an instant download selection for movies in cue with Netflix. All done on our Wii.

Take the remotes and trash the AA batteries. Get the magnetic charger. Any driving game is better with a cheap steering wheel. I got one for 10 bucks.

Remove the the high tech silicone grips. They're obnoxious.

Nun chucks (joystick attachments) are a must!

ANY Lego game is an instant slam dunk with little kids. Every kid we know has Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman etc. Wii games come in white boxes, Xbox in green , etc.. Fun for adults, too! I have Call of duty 3 & 4(awesome).

I compared prices online Target v Walmart. Walmart is cheaper this week. $188. All you need to start is the Wii w/Wii Sports. You can add stuff later depending on what you like.
    Walmart.com: Nintendo Wii Console With Wii Sports Game: Consoles

This little gizmo is essential. How it work without connections? Who cares! Keeps the batts charged and ready. It's magnetic. Just drop a remote on it, it grabs it, turns blue, then green when it's done.
    Name:  wii charger.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  35.6 KB

Our gear. After a little trial and error. This is what it boils down to. The kids games are center, my adult (blood and gore) to the right. Try M&M's Kart racing, too. Kids love that stuff.
    Name:  wii stuff.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  50.1 KB
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004