Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie In Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie In Wisconsin

How is the Crappie fishing in WI. I grew up around janesville area and will be moving back up there sometime in the next couple years. After living in TX I have become hooked on crappie. how is the fishing around madison are and also on castle rock lake? do you guys fish BP or troll up there? Are there any crappie tourney's that go on up there, something like Crappie Anglers of Texas? thanks guys for the help

Post Thanks / Like

I have done very well for crappies in wisconsin. They are in many lakes, and a good one is 11 ". My best has been 16 on a stringer over 12 ". I had a couple of 14 inchers that day-they weighed 1 lb 10 oz each. That was up in vilas county in north central Wi.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in N/Central WI spend winters in ARK. In WI its mostly Black Crappie, ARK White Crappie. Crappie in WI will run 15-16 inches and the size of the lake doesn't matter. Finding the "right" lake producing slabs is the key, but most all lakes have crappie. Bluegills, (I never keep any under 8 inches) and catch many 10 inchers. Yellow Perch, jumbo's will run 10 to 12 inches but not all lakes will have large perch. My largest crappie, White in ARK was 19-7/8 inches and 3 lbs 10 oz's at Millwood Lake. I only flyfish and never "beds".

Post Thanks / Like

that one you caught at millwood is a dream fish....thanks for the report guys

Post Thanks / Like

I come to Janesville occasionally on business and wondered about crappie nearby. Am a Todd Huckabee convert and would like to find a close lake with standing timber.