Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hook me up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hook me up

I have a small bass buster boat. I mainly fish creeks with a max depth around 15'. Very stumpy. Has many sumerged logs and some that come to the surface. The creek runs through woods so there are many broken limbs in the water. You get the picture. I want a good fish finder that can give me good detail of whats below me even when the water is very merky. Whats a better tranducer to get, transcom or trolling mount. I'm willing to pay for the best for my situation. Money really no object. I have good eyes so screen size doesn't matter. So you experts out there give me your sales pictch so I can start catching big slabs!!!!!

Thanks, Shakynerves

Post Thanks / Like

It has got to be HB or Lowrance. I like the Hb mainly because I live less than an hour from there facility in Euphala Ala. Service is instant while I wait. lowrance is a 2 week turn around. I have 2 of each on my boat. I have been running both for over 30 yrs. Both are good. The transducer on the stern is for finding fish and the TM ducer is for fishing. Now to find the one that has the features that you need. If you have really good eyes you might see the small screen but you will see more details on the bigger screen. Good luck , lets us know what you decide. Send pics.

Post Thanks / Like

what foul hook said about humminbird and lowrance, I also have run both and ended up with lowrance, I like the high def, screen and the structure scan is a great plus, either one would be a good choice. good luck on your choice.