Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Keeping Plastics on the Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Keeping Plastics on the Jigs

I am just wanting to know if anyone has a way of keeping your plastics on your jigs. I am dockshooting and after you catch a fish or hangup the plastic starts to drop down. I have the jig with the barb. I have heard of some using super glue. But it has a smell to it don,t this run the fish away. I though of putting an small o ring and try it. Any help would be great Cub48

Post Thanks / Like

A dab of super glue

Post Thanks / Like

+100

Post Thanks / Like

i use soft bait glue it's great but a little pricey

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cub48 View Post
    I am just wanting to know if anyone has a way of keeping your plastics on your jigs. I am dockshooting and after you catch a fish or hangup the plastic starts to drop down. I have the jig with the barb. I have heard of some using super glue. But it has a smell to it don,t this run the fish away. I though of putting an small o ring and try it. Any help would be great Cub48
    Cub ... I used to have the same problem, back when I was mainly using hollow tubes. I used Super Glue Gel for some time, and caught fish right on. I switched to solid body tubes, and there hasn't been a problem with the tube slipping down, since .... and no need for glue. I've never had a problem with Panfish Assassins, either ... which is what I use for dockshooting (over 50% of the time). You have to catch quite a few fish, or get free from snags quite a few times, before the solid body plastics get tore up enough to have to be replaced. At least that's been my experience.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Im having a mold custom made right now that has screw loc on it...So when you run your grub up the hoook just before it get to the lead you screw the loc into the head of the grub....some say it adds 35% more life to the grub before you have to change the worm...It will be availible in 1/8 and 1/16. from a size 1 - 6 hook...

Post Thanks / Like

i use crappie panfish stingers,the hollow ones.i always superglue them on.never a problem catching crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using the new scent wiggler made by Bobby Garland Baits. It stays on the
    Hook great plus it has scent!!
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Superglue gel and a collarless head. You'll find with this combination your baits will last much longer as the glue holds it up on the head and without a collar the plastic doesn't tear out as bad. I shoot docks alot when the fish are on them and I've gone from using a couple of bags of Panfish Assassins a day to using a half bag.

One other "consumer tip" I'll pass along is try the Bass Pro Stubby Butt bodies in place of panfish Assassins. The plastic is noticeably tougher and they out last the Assassins probably 2 or 3 to 1.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ml#post1332638

Guess no one thought to try this..... Too bad.

FrankM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast