Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sportsman of the day

Saturday was the 3rd Super Slab Winter Series tournament. My partner backed me in the water at 6:30. I trimmed my motor down and tried to start my Mercury. Dead battery one of my pumps was left on for 5 days. We was working on it when one of our competitors showed up. I didn't get their names but one of them was a electrician from Sedalia and his partner was from Columbia. I hadn't talk to these guys before but I've seen them at the weigh ins. They came over and helped trying to start my boat. Then another competitor show up and started to help. This team was Guido Hibdon and his partner.They both had a pair of cables they loaned us and stayed to help. These 4 men that didn't know me help on my boat well past the start time of our tournament. I thought this was worth sharing. Maybe one of these days I can help someone in distress like I was helped today. Thanks TMcDaniel

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've found that crappie fishermen most anywhere are there to help when they can. Now bass fishermen...that's usually a different story.:rolleyes: Glad you had some willing help and you got things working. How'd the tourney go for ya?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing was good catching was fair. We caught plenty of fish but still not catching much for size. We had 1 decent fish. We got started fishing around 9:30 the first fish we caught was about 1lb. That fish was our biggest of the day. I'll have 11 days off after Wednesday maybe I can get on some slabs before our next tournament. I wonder if Guido believes in karma. He ended up with 2nd place today after helping with my boat.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is what it is all about right there. It is good to know that even during a compitition crappie fisherman are still willing to help each other out. Just think that a hall of fame bass fisherman like Guido even has the curtesy to help out someone when the need it. I bought a short pair of cheap jumper cables to leave in my boat have not had to use them yet for myself but have helped two others out with them. I also run a fourth battery under my console for my electronics. So if worse came to worse I could swap one out if needed. I fished a tournament one time and we had to take a trolling battery and put it on big motor side to start and run then put it back each time we made it to where we were going. About the third stop while I was tied to a tree swapping it back to the trolling motor my partner caught two nice crappie clear out on a deep point. Nothing like we had been fishing which was shallow banks for spawners. Ended up winning the tournament fishing deeper bluffs and points because of all the trouble. So it worked out. Glad to here you got the help you needed. If they are CDC members please chime up so we can thank you again for helping them out.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=gabowman;1347617] Now bass fishermen...that's usually a different story.

That is not really fair. Ever heard of Guido Hibdon? I don't think it matters what species you are fishing for. It is about the character of the person you are dealing with.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Guido is good people......great to hear folks goin out of their way on a cold tournament mornin to help someone out,thanks for sharing.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

man glad you got some help. I did the left the pump thing couple weeks ago, but I was lucky and caught it before I left the barn, slippen in a spare battery and it was a go. hate it when that happens.

only some bass fishermen are jerks, like crappie fishermen we can be jerks or nice, personally I will help who I can. and so will most bass guys. I think, they usually go by me so fast they wouldnt know if I was in trouble or not.

Post Thanks / Like

The hibdon's are some of the finest people you will ever meet,,
    glad to hear you got going in short order and caught some fish
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all four of them for helping you out, true sportsmen for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. Glad you got out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast