PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled from watching the Crappie Master show today?

Rollcaster
12-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I noticed from the tv show today that when they were videoing the winners in their boat spider rigging something hanging off the front of the boat. It looked like a transducer on the cable but I'm not sure. It was positioned under the trolling motor and clearly hanging. Do they pull up the transducer or was it a portable unit temporarily being used for the tournament?
Rollcaster..........................

Gamblinman
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
underwater video camera

RogerA
12-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Underwater cameras are illegal during tournament hours.

ifish
12-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Probably this. Welcome to Biosonix.com The Technology the Pro's Use (http://www.biosonix.com/)

jeepguyjames
12-20-2010, 08:39 AM
what channel is that show on??

satdoc1
12-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Most of the time it is on directv 608

huntinslabs
12-20-2010, 11:13 AM
If you are talking about the shot of them at the very end of the show as it is going off the air. If ya look close the transdeucer wire is wrapped around the shaft of the trolling motor. and I think what you are talking about is about half way between the troller shaft and boat hull. If so, it was a stump way in the background with a branch sticking straight up. I actually woke up early Sunday morning to watch it again. If that is not what you are talking about disreguard this post.

SteveJ
12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Probably this. Welcome to Biosonix.com The Technology the Pro's Use (http://www.biosonix.com/)
Anyone on here use this thing and if so what do you think of it, another waste of money or not?

Bronson
12-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Bill Dance used to use it alot. Some of the bass pro's were using it at one time but I heard they put a stop to it. My understanding is it's supposed to imitate bass feeding on shad. When fish hear what they think is other fish feeding it triggers them to want to feed too.

I've heard it works but I looked into it a couple of years ago and it seemed a little expensive. Not sure how it would work with crappie.

Kyle Schoenherr
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it was just their rope handle off their trolling motor hanging down.

Roper Outdoors
12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey Roll, I did not see the show but I think I know what your talking about. Some guys get or have built an extension/arm that they mount the depth finder transducer to. The reason is, they can pick up brush or stumps with out being right on top of it. Normally the extension/arm is long enough that it's close to their rod tips. Once they locate structure they can back up and their rod tips are right there. I know a guy that has one so I know what I'm talking about.

Rollcaster
12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
It had to be the trolling motor pull string hanging there. It was too straight to be a branch, but my eyes ain't getting any younger. What made me question what it could be, I've heard of the pro's turning off their depth finder from spooking shallow fish with the ping. Thought I might have found a tour secret if they were running the depth finder with the transducer above the water level and not spook the fish. I guess I'm just looking for any tactic that could put more fish on my line. Thanks to everyone for replying and have a safe holiday. Rollcaster..............................