Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board issues

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Board issues

Board issues
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no
    When log in and click on forum for "NEW POST" does not go to "New POST"
    have to click on it several times. This happens about every other time.
    Yes deleted cookies, etc here.

Classifed issues
    1.) The right side of the page is shown partially, believe it is in the settings (not here)

2.) Not everybody knows that there is a place to register ideas pertaining to the
    classifieds, at the bottom of the forum main index.

UNLESS one happens to click on the classfieds on the main index at the bottom.
    More than likley everybody is clicking on the classifieds at the top of the page and not seeing any action and moves on. *

* There must be some merit to the above, as very few sponsors and members are using the new classifieds.

The old classifieds had at least 2-3 post PER DAY. In about week and half there is only about 8 post in the "NEW CLASSIFIEDS"
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its called..... Growing Pains........you always have some when you are trying to make a site better, it will all work out in time. Ed is busy working on the glitches.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

classifieds ,nobody posts ,i think it was better before they added the sponsor section because u would see what someone posted on the main page and it would get ur attention to look ,just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    Board issues
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no
    When log in and click on forum for "NEW POST" does not go to "New POST"
    have to click on it several times. This happens about every other time.
    Yes deleted cookies, etc here.

Classifed issues
    1.) The right side of the page is shown partially, believe it is in the settings (not here)

2.) Not everybody knows that there is a place to register ideas pertaining to the
    classifieds, at the bottom of the forum main index.

UNLESS one happens to click on the classfieds on the main index at the bottom.
    More than likley everybody is clicking on the classifieds at the top of the page and not seeing any action and moves on. *

* There must be some merit to the above, as very few sponsors and members are using the new classifieds.

The old classifieds had at least 2-3 post PER DAY. In about week and half there is only about 8 post in the "NEW CLASSIFIEDS"
    Couple things, yeah its growing pains on the new classified ads section. I feel we needed to give it a fair shot before we could judge whether it was any good or not. I'm listening to everyone's feedback. I myself am kinda going both ways on the new classified ads. It seems it's a little to complex, I'm looking at other classified ads programs, and I'm also thinking about just going back the the old way we had it as well. I just want to give this a fair shake. On the up side, it does not require a moderator to delete the thread when something has been sold. That was a major drawback of the old way we had it. A regular forum was just not designed to be used as classified ads. But, we'll see, the jury is still out.

As far as the new posts link not loading. Maybe the page has not completely loaded, only then will the link work. Might depend on what browser you are using. I know the other issue, the menu on the right, that way its formatted incorrectly only happens on certain browsers. That I might be able to fix but I'm not working on that till I know whether we're keeping the new ad program or not. So I'm thinking we wait till after the holidays and see.

Right now I have another major task in front of me. Another server move. Turns out, when I moved to the server we are now on, I got lots more memory on the server, but I failed to ask for the correct Operating System. I got a 32 bit OS, and to take advantage of over 2 gig of memory (at least for MySQL) I need a 64bit OS. I've got the new 64bit Server all set, now just need to schedule a night to do the move yet again! This seems just like the old days when I did IT work full time. Oh well, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

if no one uses new classifieds then we really do not have classifieds anymore!
    really liked they old ones.
    Yodibuzz

Post Thanks / Like

If we are takin votes on the classifieds I vote for the old one. Was a lot better and simpler to find and read> JMO
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Was not trying to ruffle feathers, just input what have seen from a laymens point of view.

Myself mixed feelings about the new vs the old classifieds, both have their good and bad features
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

if we're voting on this issue I vote for the old way.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone please give your input on this.........unless you tell us , we don't know what you think.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the old classifieds better.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast