Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meldahl Dam12/17/10

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Meldahl Dam12/17/10

Went to the dam as planned this morning. Ramp was snow covered but decent. Fished for 3 hours and used everything except the paddle. Got two bites and no fish. Water was perfect level and clarity. I don't know what is going on but something isn't right!!

Post Thanks / Like

what was water temp?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know to be honest I didn't even turn on my graph. I would guess low 40's. I caught fish down there all last winter. It just doesn't seem the same this year.

Post Thanks / Like

F.A. did you guys fish with minners. How many boats were out today. I had to dig out of the driveway today

Post Thanks / Like

We fished with everything from minnows, jigs, curly tails, and spoons without any luck!!!! Like I said caught them all last winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hopeing to here something good. It is strange I looked at the lower guage and everything looks good, but here lately when the are pulling water there is like an big drop to the bottom of the graph I wonder if they are doing anything weard to the water.

Post Thanks / Like

glad I sissy-ed out....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    what was water temp?
    Well hold on to your hats fellas because the Water temp in the river yesterday was between 34 and 35 degrees. I can't believe how fast the water temps fell but my graph don't lie.

I went out yesterday to try out the bimini and try for blues. Biminie worked great!!!!!!!!!! But!!!!!! Fishing was terrible, not 1 bite all day. Fished around aberdeen..........

By the way, Ive never seen this before but you could cruise down the banks in 25ft of water and never come out of HUGE schools of shad. I mean, they filled the 2d sonar up so much that you couldnt see all the way to the bottom. We got in them, made on throw with the cast net and had a netful of the biggest shad Ive ever fished with. We were in that school of shad for like a quarter mile until we ended at the mouth of Eagle creek and the graph wouldnt even read through the shad to the bottom. Side imaging just showed a solid bright white cloud and down scan same way. Pretty amazing....

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some cold water. Doggone weather really ruined December fishing for me. Usually in the 40's and able to still catch some crappie or sauger. Not this year. Sitting by the fire this early will make for a long winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing is creek I caught sauger last year when there was a skim of ice at the dam. Never seen it this bad. Some of my best days last winter was when it was brutally cold but the fish were still biting. I believe sane thing going on a greenup dam!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast