Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Soft plastics

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Soft plastics

I know most soft plastics come with a oily residue, I asume to keep them from sticking together. Do any of you add anything to your box to keep baits from melting or sticking. I add a couple drops of mineral oil to each compartment of my box and have had good results. Any other ideas? Just wondering
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I pour my own plastics, I add worm oil or lunker scents to them when I am finished. Mineral oil is good to use, just dont use baby oil. Unless you want some hard as rocks. If you want some other type of scents check out this place is where I buy my plastic materials from. www.lurecraft.com look under the additivies page.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a drop or two of vegetable oil. It worked well. I've also spinkled table salt on plastic baits which seems not only to preserve them somewhat, but apparently adds a little flavor. Don't do both, or you''ll have an icky mess.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

I have been making baits for thirty years and I have always used Johnson's Baby oil mixed with scent, anise or garlic. This does not harden the plastics, but be sure and get Johnsons, not a off brand or a cut rate, they will harden your plastics. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Try the worm oils from www.barlowstackle.com
    They have a huge supply of soft baits.