Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Brawl Results

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fall Brawl Results

Sorry in taking so long to get the word out, but we took a few days of R&R and just now getting back.
    We had 33 boats signed up for the tournament, which was a near record turnout. The Saturday weather forecast was not good, and by 10am we were getting 25 mph + winds from the west. Watts Bar is not really noted for being a rough lake, but Saturday was an exception, by noon there were several boats already back in that could not take the pounding winds. The water temps were still in the high 60s low 70s and the crappie had not moved far away from the main lake structure, which meant you had to fish close to the big water and not much way to escape the high winds. Several of the anglers reported not even getting to fish the spots they wanted for the wind. Most all of the winners reported catching the majority of their fish before 10am. The bigger crappie were still out on the drops close to the main channel, the wind made these fish almost impossible to catch. Most of the fish were caught shooting the docks, and the most popular color seemed to be the Albino Shad color or some shad color on a 1/16 oz head. The top 3 places were as follows.

Tim & Logan Davis(father & son) 10.4 lbs
    Garland & Jerimiah Limburg ( father & son) 10.4 lbs
    This tie was settled by a coin flip
    Robert & Harlan Limburg with 8.8 lbs

Big Fish Conrad Moore & Jonathan Sutherland 1.8 lbs

The tournament and fish fry social were great and we enjoyed having some new folks at the tournament. Fatboy & CrappieHunter it was nice to meet you guys and we hope you will return for the Spring Fling. Kokomo Bob and Zenna, it was nice to have you guys back with us. I've said it before, but let me say it again, all of you folks are the nicest group I've had the pleasure of being around. We really look forward to the tournaments and we enjoyed it as much as anyone. A special thanks to the folks that cleaned the fish and to those who helped prepare the meal and clean up afterwards. Our sponsors are great folks for giving us all the good stuff to give away, if we did not have sponsors this could not happen. Again thanks to all, and we are already looking forward to the Spring Fling.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don for the trouble that you go through in putting this on. I personally emailed all the sponsors thanking them for the prizes. It was nice to finally put a face to a name. Thanks again for the help in finding a room and all the hospitality you showed me in a new place and new water. Now you know where the name comes from, thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be hard to wait until spring to do it again, so I think I 'll make a trip back over relatively soon. Thanks for making it a great weekend. Your hard work deserves praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Don@Eden
    Sorry in taking so long to get the word out, but we took a few days of R&R and just now getting back.
    We had 33 boats signed up for the tournament, which was a near record turnout. The Saturday weather forecast was not good, and by 10am we were getting 25 mph + winds from the west. Watts Bar is not really noted for being a rough lake, but Saturday was an exception, by noon there were several boats already back in that could not take the pounding winds. The water temps were still in the high 60s low 70s and the crappie had not moved far away from the main lake structure, which meant you had to fish close to the big water and not much way to escape the high winds. Several of the anglers reported not even getting to fish the spots they wanted for the wind. Most all of the winners reported catching the majority of their fish before 10am. The bigger crappie were still out on the drops close to the main channel, the wind made these fish almost impossible to catch. Most of the fish were caught shooting the docks, and the most popular color seemed to be the Albino Shad color or some shad color on a 1/16 oz head. The top 3 places were as follows.

Tim & Logan Davis(father & son) 10.4 lbs
    Garland & Jerimiah Limburg ( father & son) 10.4 lbs
    This tie was settled by a coin flip
    Robert & Harlan Limburg with 8.8 lbs

Big Fish Conrad Moore & Jonathan Sutherland 1.8 lbs

The tournament and fish fry social were great and we enjoyed having some new folks at the tournament. Fatboy & CrappieHunter it was nice to meet you guys and we hope you will return for the Spring Fling. Kokomo Bob and Zenna, it was nice to have you guys back with us. I've said it before, but let me say it again, all of you folks are the nicest group I've had the pleasure of being around. We really look forward to the tournaments and we enjoyed it as much as anyone. A special thanks to the folks that cleaned the fish and to those who helped prepare the meal and clean up afterwards. Our sponsors are great folks for giving us all the good stuff to give away, if we did not have sponsors this could not happen. Again thanks to all, and we are already looking forward to the Spring Fling.