Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tunica lake talk

Post Thanks / Like

Default tunica lake talk

I fished yesterday afternoon, started a little late, at 2:00. Caught 8 fish, deep, deep. The cold spell had driven down into the 30 foot mark, water timp was at a cool 45 to 46 degrees. The river is starting to fall faster, we'll see where they go from here. My neighbor went to the marina at sardis and they kept 15, even with the numbers gap i did better: River fish are Bigger fish. Plus he said as usual there were 25 boats in that little pocket of water. I saw not another soul on the home field, that won't last long. Good luck and Keep fishing
    Jlawhorn

Mallards Wild Guide Service

Tunica, Mississippi

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dying to fish tunica,keep posting j and when they got better i'll be down to join you.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I probably caught a few thousand Crappie on Tunica the last couple of years. Took a little break lately (new baby girl!) but about to get to fish some again. It's hard to beat the cutoff!

Tracker99
    Tracker99

Post Thanks / Like

Congrat's tracker on the baby girl,it's been 18 yrs since mine was a baby and i miss it so enjoy every second of it while they're little.Now back to fishin,did you get into any hog's on tunica?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Keep up with the Ms river the lake is feed by the river. Tunica wont get going hot till late march or into April...then watch the river level. and remember there is a limit on fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree you do have to watch the river level at Tunica. One thing I have found (HINT) is that when the fish are in the willows on Tunica, even when the water rises or falls a lot very quickly many will stay around the willows and just move up or down with the water level. That's when I tie on a yellow/chart jig with pink head, start at 1 foot deep, jig-jig, drop to 2 feet, jig-jig, then 3 feet and so on until I get a bite. Then you know what depth to focus on. The fish are usually there, you just have to find the right depth.

As I said before, we have caught thousands there - but always observe the limits. Sometimes the whole day is catch and release (which some people say is a sin for Crappie fishing) but I only keep what I can eat.

I am glad Tunica has the local game warden around to keep people honest so that this fishery will continue to be good. He has checked me on back to back days and weekends before - but that's good to see!

Tracker99
    Tracker99