Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St.Louis Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default St.Louis Crappie?

Where is the closest place to St.Louis to go catch some crappie. I have a friend moving to that area and has no idea where to fish.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Lake St. Louis and Creve Couer Lake have crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

within the greater stl area, ---- creve coeur can be productive and have done ok in late winter after the ice goes away. I believe you have to be a homeowner to fish Lake St. Louis. Busch wildlife area in the spring can be good for numbers,, size is so so. Simpson lake in Valley Park can produce. I've caught good crappie in the Mississippi near Alton, West Alton, Piasa, and Grafton. I've seen people catch small crappie out of what I think is called Jefferson Lake in Forest Park, but they have been very small. Years ago you could catch decent numbers and ok size out of the Meramac River near Geo Winter Park and Flamm City. Only been there a couple times in the last 5/6 yrs and not had much luck.
    Within an 1-2 hrs, there are quite a few very productive places in both Mo and on the IL side.
    Check the MDC site for lakes and streams, can be very informative.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

i live on rend lake in southern il it is 1hr 15min southeast. and you got carliyle lake 45min away with both lakes having good crappie but a poor limite rend has a limite 10 over 10 and 15 under 10 carliyle has a 10in 10 fish limit per person