Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP internet explorer

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP internet explorer

For some reason my internet explorer stopped working earlier to day and I am unable to get it to work again. I am having to use firefox, which I do not like too much. I know some people like firefox better, but I prefer internet explorer. Just wondering if yahoo mail is run through internet explorer because I can use yahoo messenger but it wont let me view my mail because it says explorer wont respond. Is there any way you can check to see what is causing IE not to run?

Post Thanks / Like

ok I went to yahoo mail from firefox and viewed my mail, but I still need help trying to find out why IE is not working, any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

crapppieseeker,

I fought this probllem all day and just got it fixed. I don't know who caused the problem but if you will send me your phone # in a PM I will see if I can help you.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER!!!
    I QUIT FISHIN, I ONLY GO CATCHIN NOW!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Delete your Yahoo toolbar and it'll work again.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

gabow how do I get my toolbar back now and will it mess up my explorer again. That fixed my IE. Thanks for the hint and thanks slabmaster for offering to help as well. I wonder how many people got hit with this today

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IE is the primary target of nearly every virus written. Toolbars are your worst enemy. Firefox will not allow these problems to occur, and is vastly more versatile. It's only drawback is an inability to use active-x scripts. It's done for security reasons. I only use IE for remote monitoring of security cameras. Yahoo, is a seperate program and doesn't require a broswer to operate in chat mode, and yahoo mail will open on anything. Including phones.

To get your yahoo toolbar back- Open IE. Go to 'view', 'toolbars', 'customize'.
    If that didn't restore it, then reinstall your original yahoo download that came with your chat install. It will ask (yes or no) if you would like to install the toolbar.

Last resort. Do a Windows system restore on the whole hard drive.
    Star menu- accessories, system tools, system restore. Pick the last safe date before your problem occurred.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using windows 7 ? There was an update one day this week that caused my lap top to be screwy. I restored it to before the update and it worked fine, then I ran the update again it everything was ok this time

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using windows 7 ? There was an update one day this week that caused my lap top to be screwy. I restored it to before the update and it worked fine, then I ran the update again it everything was ok this time

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt put the Yahoo toolbar back on my 'puter. I did right click on the toobar section and had google toolbar added back on. Guess I'll have to get used to that for now. I aint trusting Yahoo for awhile.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I use IE 7 cause I do not like 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast