Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How are you guys fishing your boo condos?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How are you guys fishing your boo condos?

I've talked with Jerry a little about fishing boo condos in the daytime and would also like you guys' input on methods you use when fishing yours. First off, how deep of water are yours in and how far from the surface, then what techniques do you use fishing 'em. I have a 6 or 8 out but havent started fishing 'em yet. Mine's been out for a month or more and are mainly in 25 feet (one or two in 30 feet) of water and are 12-15 feet tall. Was just wondering what works for you guys.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing boo condos

Hey slabmaster2 im glad you asked that question. I was wanting to know more about this myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Gabowman thats sounds about right what you have.Look at those pics smitty has of his and my fishing trip last week.Thats about the right depth just try to keep your bait right at the top of your boo and wait on the crappie.Try not to get hung up in the boo if you can I did and kept spooking the crappie but smitty was patient with me.Good luck.Where are you located?How close to Carrollton are you?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like where 80%of my condos are located. those at 20-25' work best for me. I fish over them most of the time drifting back and forth over them. Vary depths but 8-12' works well for me hot or cold weather. Those on main channels work best for me. I also sit away from them and cast a bobber stopper rig to them. Some times you have to drop it down in the middle at 18-25'

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few out myself and I have had success slowly pushing jigs across the top of the them. Right now most of my are just below the surface because the local lake is ~15' down. I am going to put some in even deeper water for this time of year. NEED MORE STRUCTURE!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys just try to hover over them with the trolling motor or do you anchor up and fish right over them.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question Tim. Also, I would like to know what realistically do you average catching on any given day per condo before you move on to another one. I'm guessing minnows is the main bait over them this time of the year?

CrappieFisher, I live in Elberton. That's about 35 miles east of Athens. Not even sure where Carrollton is.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by gabowman; 02-15-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

gabowman Iam about 40 miles west of atlanta on the ga/ ala line.JUst thought if you lived close we could hook up and go fishing.You can anchor or troll over them just dont want to get to close and spook them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto Smitty!!!
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!