Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bamboo in MO

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bamboo in MO

I seen pics of those boo condos them southern boys can make and wanna try it. Is the boo they use what I call river cane up here? If it is, is the cane that grows up here thick enough to make a long lasting condo?, cuz the stuff they got looks a heck of a lot thicker.
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappierascal
    I seen pics of those boo condos them southern boys can make and wanna try it. Is the boo they use what I call river cane up here? If it is, is the cane that grows up here thick enough to make a long lasting condo?, cuz the stuff they got looks a heck of a lot thicker.
    I am sure it is the same stuff. Is it found easy in SEMO? If I remember right I seen some when hunting swampers a few years back, was more worried about getting my darn dogs back that day, found a swamper that took them across country.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

It normally grows along the creek and river banks and in other low lying areas. Guess Ill have to try it b4 the rain gets here. them swampers got long legs don't they!!
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bamboo vs. Cane

We've got river cane in Mississippi along with Bamboo It's different, gets much bigger up to 30 feet and is thicker walled and denser so it's less pervious to water, meaning it stays around longer. I'm sure you could grow it or find some if you looked hard enough. Besides being bigger the leaves are shaped the same but smaller than cane. Bring a trailer down and we'll go cut as much as you want. Bring a chainsaw, it's that much thicker. off the subject how was your duck season?
    Jlawhorn

Mallards Wild Guide Service

Tunica, Mississippi

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be down that way this spring, be more than happy to take some of that boo off your hands.:D
    As far as the ducks it was an above average kill this year, but that is because I finally leased a private spot with some buddies. Here in MO the public spots are hard to get out in, lot of hunters tryin for the same spots.
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take you up on that i'm planning a trip to mississippi and have been wanting to try a bamboo bed on lake of the ozarks,sounds like they work great.Any idea's when the crappie will turn on at tunica? i know it depend's on the river so just a general idea will work. thank's
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default from tunica

come on down and fish with me boys, ya'll boys from mizzu seem to all take an anual pilgrimage to my home waters. I've seen to ramps at sardis and enid with more mizzu tags than miss'ippi tags. I'm partial to river waters myself, less pressure for one, the water movement scares alot of would be fisherman away. the other is it's naturally restocked my limits are 50 compared to the reservoirs which have 30 or soon to be 15 at Grenada. I've fished em all and time after time i catch more and bigger fish at the cinderella of miss'ippi lakes, Tunica lake (or "cutoff" if u are a local) ha.
    Jlawhorn

Mallards Wild Guide Service

Tunica, Mississippi