Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie stingers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie stingers

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some of the ringer stingers from BPS. Looks alot like those. Haven't had a chance to use them yet. The little straight tail puts off a lot of very undulating action. If you hold the head between your fingers, you can't hardly keep the tail still. I'm dying to try them on a very slow vertical retrieve or just sitting still. Any bumb in the line wil activate this tail. Maybe someone can fill us in who has actually fished these and how.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with a home made version that is a little stronger than the ones you are looking at. I use them on 1/32-1/16 oz jig heads. If you can find them with a solid body they work really well on horseheads. If you fish in rivers or lakes that has good current they can be deadly. Good luck with them and I hope that you slay those slabs.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, when you use them on horse heads, do you use them under a cork?
    The lakes I fish all have a river current flowing threw them. What do you think is best?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hottest bait going right now in Oklahoma is the Bobby Garland baby shad blue thunder color and also bleeding shad they have great colors and come in single tail and double also

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of different ways to fish them (horseheads). If the fish are relating to shallow structure I'll toss them under a slip float or just the jig. That'll depend if the water is really clear. Out here in California there isn't much structure so I slow troll em. And I do really well.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave