Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Enid and Grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Question Enid and Grenada

I am organizing for my annual migration south to MS. I have been fishing Enid, but am wanting to fish grenada more this year. I have stayed at Cossar SP or in the cabins at Cossar landing in the past. Is this the best vantage place to stay if I wanted to hit either lake, or is there something else better located between the two? I have contacted the corps from both lakes but they haven't sent me anything yet. Figured you all would help better.
    Thanks for any info, rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Davy Hunt Guest

Press Release

January 20, 2006

For Immediate Release:
    Grenada Lake: Trophy Crappie Management Being Proposed

Jackson - The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks voted 4-1 Wednesday, January 18, 2006 to institute changes in the crappie length and creel limit at Grenada Lake. The changes came following requests by Department biologists that the trophy status of Grenada merited such added restrictions. A public hearing has been set for Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 7 PM at Hugh White State Park. The new regulations, which call for a 12-inch minimum length and a creel limit of 15 fish per angler, will take effect March 23, 2006.

Link to MDWFP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Davy.
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Cossar State Park is a great option for lodging if you are going to fish Enid mostly. If you plan on fishing Grenada most of the time Hugh White State park is on the shore of the lake and has cabins- I've stayed in them before. I can't think of a good place to stay between the lakes that would be convenient if you are going to have a boat with you. I hope this helps a little.

Post Thanks / Like

How much are the cabins at grenada?
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

Cost ranges from 45-85 dollars depending on the cabin and weekday versus weekend. You can go to
    www.mdwfp.com
    click on the PARKS tab at the top and you can look at all the parks and get prices and see pictures.