Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bayou Benoit crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bayou Benoit crappie

Went to Bayou Benoit yesterday. Clear, cold and water was on a slow rise. Usually this time of year, we are chasing reds and specks in Rockefeller but I'm really interested in learning how to catch crappie this time of the year. I caught a dozen or so crappie, kept five with the biggest three in the one pound range.These fish were deep, from 11 to 21 feet deep. Did catch one in about 8 foot on a point but he was solo. I always fish 1/32 jigs under a cork, but these were too deep. Dug around in my tackle box til I found two 1/16 hair jigs and thats what worked. I also tight lined these fish, I'm not used to that and I never really felt any THUMP, just a little pressure. I am going to spend more time on crappies this winter and try some of the lakes I heard about in the past, Saline Larto in particular. Well, this is my first post, I hope it finds you all well and fishing.
    My name is Gary D.

Post Thanks / Like

hello gary d keep fishing you ll find them i guarntee it i use to bass fish only till i learnt to crappie fish now thats all i do
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats BayouCrappie and welcome to the site.I too am an exbass fisherman who recently switched over to just sacalait and I love it.Thanks for the post,next time you can post this under La. Crappie(not off topic).
    Romans 6:23