Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salamonie Tree placement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salamonie Tree placement

While working a case over the weekend I noticed trucks that have brought in Christmas trees... Now this is a good thing this year, as more structure is needed in this area. I hope to get out this weekend and see if they have been placed. I am getting ready for the Crappie USA event on 4/22/06 anyone else out there.

Fish detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this weekend and found "NO" sign of new trees yet. I did locate a number of areas of old ones... I have the locked into my GPS...

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

gps no's please

will be fishing also

Post Thanks / Like

any of these trees in the pirates cove area?Any places you can recommend to catch some bigger crappies.They tend to run small but I love fishing the lake.Do you work with the DNR?If so,Do I need a 2006 fishing license now or at the end of march.And where do i get the launch pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim701, You may want to try around the 105 bridge to the south bank. Please take a drive this weekend and go onto the 105 bridge and you will see the timber that has fallen. Please note the tree roots are still holding into the bank. This area is hot for me, I know for a fact a number of subjects have been in this area due to the foot prints around the bank... I did meet some subjects that were scouting the area for the Crappie USA Event in April. Good Luck... Launch Pass question go onto the Salamonie Dam and go to the Office on the south side of the road...

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.Never tried around the bridge.Usually fish the cove across from the dora boat ramp.and up in pirates cove.Catch alot of numbers but not much size.Is it idle zone around the bridge?I have an older 16 foot tracker flat botom and when the water is choppy it can get interesting.Can handle most waves but when them big boats go by it gets to rockin'.Thanks again for the info.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS numbers

I visited Salamonie one time, and stopped at the park office. Seems like I remember that they gave out a map that had GPS numbers on it of where the trees are? Is that right? Maybe they will update it as they drop these new trees, or maybe they put them in the same areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default License question

My understanding is that you can fish until April with the 2005 license, even though it says on it that it expires at the end of Feb. Then you need a new license that starts in April. I've heard that the DNR wanted to give people an extra month becasue the prices have gone up. I went ahead and bought the 2006 and have both in case I'm checked. You can buy them online if you don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to get mine on line. I always get a combo hunting/fishing with a trout stamp and waterfowl and game bird stamps. They have problems with the web site. It will take 3-4 transactions to buy it all. What a pain it is when they can't get it right.

Mike I need to tag along one day to coho fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coho

Rock, I'd be glad to take you to MC sometime. I'm not sure when I'll be going next. Probably next Thursday. When are you available?

I bought my fishing license and stamp online with no problem the other night. But looks like you have a more complicated combination. How those beagles doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast