Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St. Clair County Hot Spots?

FishingGoddess Guest

Default St. Clair County Hot Spots?

Has anyone found any hot spots in St. Clair County yet?

I'm itching to get out there, but the weather just won't cooperate with my schedule! Of course, it's gonna be 60 degrees today and where am I? At work! Grrrrrr.

-FG-

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know of any hotspots in St. Clair Co. I would like to know if there are crappie in horseshoe lake in madiosn co.?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Barrelslime,

What's up?...I am doing good..Yes Horseshoe lake does have crappie in it...I have a buddy who fishes this lake out of boat....I don't think the lake is really that deep though....

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeremy. How was Arkansas? PM Me. I have to work this Sunday. What about Saturday? May take off Friday too. I NEED TO FISH!
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

in st. clair county go to Millstadt and smithton. go into a gas station or bar and ask about a place to fish because most of them are private but owned by friendly folks. i have caught ten 2.5 pound crappie out of a lake in millstadt, and promptly released them. that is a VERY private lake though, but there are more. look at it from earthgoogle.com and get the satellite view!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Barrelslime,

My cousin claims he does well with large minnows, 1-2 ft. deep. The lake really is set up for bass but i know crappie exist in it, just dont know how big or how plentiful.

Nate
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    Tracker Marine Pro Staff
    www.nathankincade.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks kincade
    Personal Best 17 1/2"