Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

I figured I would start a new Smithville thread. Has anyone fished it lately? I am thinking of trying later today. Has anybody tried north in the Trimble area?

This is off the crappie subject, but when do the walleyes start to move to the riprap on the dam? Late Feb, early March? I am wanting to go out there this year but I wasn't sure when the best time is. From what I hear, there a LOT of people who fish the dam when the 'eyes are there.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope to get my boat back next week anyway that is what they told me. Got a new paint job under warranty.They have had it going on 6 weeks. Fished our little state lake north of town yesterday kept 15 biggest 11in. the rest 8-9in.The weather does'nt look to good the next week or so. Don't know about the walleyes sounds good though. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

is the ice out yet? going to try it tommorow.will be putting in at whiway and going north or will put in at free ramp and go south.have not decided yet,it depends on ice,wind and also depends on cooks monday morning report. information needed,thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down smithville today

fished today from roberts creek to sailboat cove,five or six shorts and one keeper.