Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: donating for the member of the year

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default donating for the member of the year

I have contacted slab and asked him what it be okay to donate plastic baits in other stuff for the member of the year. I thought it was a good ideal and slab approved it. So anybody else it would like to donate to the member of the year send the stuff to slab. This would definitely show to the member of the year that we truly think highly of him for what he has done for the site.this will be a yearly thing for the member of the year. Every November there will be a new member of the year.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

will there be a vote on the next member of the year or will it be like this years

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this will be a new tradition. I sent snake River a prize for Member of the year this year. I sent him a Long Sleeve t-shirt. I'm still waiting for a picture of him in it (hint). There was no vote. sR sent me a PM about donating to it. And I can collect prizes and give them out along with the Crappie.com prize from me. But there's no rush, we have until next November for the next one. It'll be a cool thing to do in November just before Christmas. Next time we will vote. But I don't like voting because one time when I did a vote for a prize, I had cheating. One person signed up many times and voted many times. So I'm going to have to make it somehow different, maybe only votes from members with over so many posts will count. I'll have to see how that will work. But as most of you know, I'm here to give stuff away, so you should not feel bad about sending me stuff to give away in this type of contest. Not sure if you know, but I make our sponsors provide me product to give away every year. We have some new sponsors I'll discuss soon, but so far the plan is to give away at the very least $2500 worth of sponsor stuff next year, plus all the crappie.com stuff I add.

So, no rush on the 2011 Man Of the year award, but anything you send will be put aside for the give away in November.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

You could limit the voting to members that have been on C.C for 1 yr. or more that way no one could sign up and vote again. just a thought. also those would have a better idea of who would be deserving of it.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be some of the things that would make you deserving of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    What would be some of the things that would make you deserving of it?
    I can't answer that, but if Slab selected say 5 members then let the rest of the membership vote on Slab's choices.
    Deserving members, could be the contribution they make to help others, could be effort put forth in setting up a Crappie Camp in their area,or something along those lines, that would be Slab's choice.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer